BX 14 RE For Sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

It'll be a pleasure washing the blue one tomorrow. Like peeling back the veils of an Arabian princess; I hope.

It's never going to be a bargain though - I can sense a need for a clutch and maybe a couple of spheres - like Tim says, timing belt, then the tappets and wax... but with a bit of effort a nice car nevertheless :D

Cheers
Steve
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Looking through the dust that does look rather nice.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

scarecrow wrote:Having easy access to a toilet and power shower helped things along too!
Nah, all you need is the bottle of wine you've just finished off...
Showers were a little more problematical (on the BXagon) - fortunately those with hotel accomodation generously let me pinch their showers when I started to smell too much. But I did have some good nights sleep in the back, at least when appropriate spots were chosen!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

scarecrow wrote:It'll be a pleasure washing the blue one tomorrow. Like peeling back the veils of an Arabian princess; I hope.

It's never going to be a bargain though - I can sense a need for a clutch and maybe a couple of spheres - like Tim says, timing belt, then the tappets and wax... but with a bit of effort a nice car nevertheless :D

Cheers
Steve
Steve, try a new cable first bud, or even lubing and adjusting the old one, my St Tropez clutch was very high when I got it and I feared it was shagged, RXBX adjusted it up and all was well.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Thanks for that Tim. I'll ask the garage to take a look on Friday when the tappets are done.

Steve
jonathan_dyane
BXpert

Post by jonathan_dyane »

TU engines do not have hydraulic tappets; it's time to get out the feelers...
"Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them." -Charles Bukowski
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Taxed the car today and then at Tescos a woman bumbled into my wing mirror and laughed until she saw my GLARE. Then went on about there not being enough room as she stuffed her clumsy lardy arse into her 4x4 fat fuck sorry truck thing.... Then I said sorry to her! Bloody Englishness in me.

Just needed to get that off my chest.. Now I'm going to find out who Bukowski is ;)

EVERYBODY OUT!!