What an idiot... (well in my opinion at least)

Anything about BXs
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

It may just be me, but although I like modified cars when done nicely, I'm afraid there's not a single mod on this car I like :oops:
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Lester
BXpert

Post by Lester »

TB2 wrote: What's with the holes in the bumper?
If you look carefully just below the bumper you can just see the bottom of a radiator / intercooler / something similar ( :wink: )

As for the looks...I'd have it! 8)
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

:? Is it actually a valver or heavily modified sport? Looking at the rear quarters there are remants of a sport slash cut bodykit me thinks. Would make a brilliant track day car. Embarass those M3 boys. 8)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

mds141 wrote: Embarass those M3 boys. 8)
I can do that in a bus.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

It may just be me, but although I like modified cars when done nicely,
Is that a preference for a 'wolf in sheep's clothing' Mike :-)
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I can do that in a bus.

How? Doing a moon out of the window!!!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Quote:
It may just be me, but although I like modified cars when done nicely,

Is that a preference for a 'wolf in sheep's clothing' Mike
Sometimes. If I want something to be quicker than standard, it's great if they don't look (or sound) it! A stripped out Dyane running 10:1 compression, with the disc cooling ducts re-routed to the air intake to double the airflow being forced into the engine, a slightly lightened flywheel (not too radical or you'll effect the hill climbing ability) & 135 tyres may not be much more powerful than standard but will still surprise others when it cruises past them on the motorway at **mph :twisted: . If you lower it around 3" it'll go round roundabouts quickly too :lol: :lol: . If you want it really quick you then find an Ami Super chassis, & GSA 1300 engine with 5 speed box, and all you need to do to get it in is move the grill forward an inch or 2! :twisted: :twisted:

On the other hand if you are going for a more visual look, then forget going quick as you want everyone to have a chance for a good look. In that case you slam it, go for a bit of smoothing & de-trimming, a nice bright paint job & a nice loud exhaust 8)
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Grenman wrote:I can do that in a bus.

How? Doing a moon out of the window!!!
You'd be surprised how many people I've embarrased in a bus.
Some can REALLY shift if you know how to drive them!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

A stripped out Dyane running 10:1 compression,...
Yeah - that sounds like the business - looking standard but very capable. After I wore out the 1 litre engine in the Metro I fitted an MG1300 lump and a long-legged final drive ratio and various other helpful bits but no 'bling' - that surprised a few people :-)

'Engineering upgrades' then :-)
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

There is a reason for the holes in the rear bumper.

The 16v rear bumper acts like an air brake because of its shape below the rear of the car.

I expect it adds significant drag at high speed.

The holes would reduce this effect. ( a bit )

I found a less unsightly improvement by filling the inside of the bumper with polyurethane foam blocks. Looks like it should help, but I cannot quantify the improvement of course.

It does have the advantage of strengthening the bumper though.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I wonder, looking at the design if the BX4TC (which is too early to sport a diffuser) would it make sense to cut a central horizontal hole - approx 600mm x 100mm out of it, reinforce the reverse with a frame (aluminium extrusion?) and fill with steel mesh? In doing this, the spare wheel would have to go I suppose, in which case a diffuser would be an option?

Of course all this depends upon how the aerodynamics work all the way from the front. The front bumper might not be directing sufficient air flow along the underside of the car meaning the drag of the rear bumper is insignificant anyway. My understanding of this science is so small as to be laughable though, so I'll stop now... :? :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Not working for me so can\'t comment. Don\'t think a BX would make an ideal track car at all, purely because of the amount of modification you\'d need to do to get it competitive. But if he\'s done that modification, then fair enough!
It\'s a light car, and don\'t forget.....struts and spheres aside these cars have Peugeot designed suspension. They\'re not a proper Citroen setup.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

Well
If I win the lottery this weekend i will buy it and put a turbo diesel engine in it.
Anyone want the old nail that would come out :lol:
180ps Blah Peanuts.
TORQUE is what wins races not Horspower OOP'S maybe i am still a bit in shock after my ding.
Don't take any notice of me i'm GA GA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Regards Kermit.
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

O yes that's the way to go \:D/
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
kermit the frog
BXpert

Post by kermit the frog »

Hi
Looking at the picture of the rear it appears he has put the radiator in the back this is what i was proposing to do on my TZD track car but i was going to put it higher up and duct air through ducts cut in the upper part of the rear doors and out through the tailgate.
Then there would be room to cut the centre of the rear bumper away and fit a defuser.the exhaust would run inside the car on the oposite side to the driver and exit through the rear door just in front of the rear wheel.
This wopuld allow you to completely flat bottom the car from front to rear.
Giving a good amount of negative pressure under the car.
In addition a high rear wing of a suitable cord and aerofoil shape would give a lot of additional rear end load.
And an extended front splitter to finish it off and a bonnet scoop to direct air to the intercooler.
Obviously the suspension setup may need modification to cope with the extra loading but that is reasonably simple to sort.
And there you have it a beast of a machine ready to take on the world of the BMW.

Regards Phil/Kermit
ALAN S an oracle of knowledge sadly missed by us all RIP Mate
Green Hornet well I don't really know.GS project gone to pastures new
Blue Streak 1996(P) XANTIA VSX TD (130K.)