Don't let it touch your radiator!! A cautionary tale.

BX Tech talk
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Its in the wall of Hes! I'd just send you there get my dad to let you in and get you to help your self, but i know its burried and while i know where its burried, you'll never find it as its under protection!

How annoying! Well hell if we dont get it sorted by the 19th then maybe i can fix the brakes and courier it myself!
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

I can contribute a matrix. It is in Southampton.
I'm glad that you are going to do the right thing Oscar because IMHO this is the only way to ensure that you don't cook the lump. I know that you will have changed the fan switch and thermostat already so they'll be OK.
It is good practice to change the rad at 100,000 anyway.

Good Luck To Vanny with the exams. Remember what I said about the pencil, pointed end down!
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

My Goodness, BX club swings into action once again!

I am extremely grateful for all your offers of help. If anyone is dithering on the reasons for a joining fee, here is a very convincing argument.

To return to matters at hand -

I've sourced a free second-hand radiator very close to home, so I shall pop off tonight and pick it up. Vanny, Cavmad et al, thanks for your willingness.

Tom, I'd very much like to have that heater matrix off you - do you think you can get it to me by the weekend? How much do you want for it? I'll send you a PM with address and so on.

Goody, another BX weekend coming up. Now if I can keep the smile off my face and pretend to be peeved that I'm wasting all of Saturday, SWMBO will never know.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Wow Oscar, your enthusiasm shames me, so far my new matrix has made it as far as the boot, still not a lot of heat coming out of it in there though :? maybe this weekend will see it fitted, after all theres little point in waiting for the warmer weather is there?
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Enthusiasm and need, Stewart, with you lot frightening me about the end of the world as we know it, all because of a little bottle of Radweld. I absolutely don't want to get into changing heads or gaskets right now - perhaps in the summer.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Well, a s/h rad has been donated, many thanks to Stephen in Maidstone. I'll see if it's good this weekend.