citroen bx 1.7 tzd

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

Dollywobbler wrote:I don't care about your motives - all I care about is that your 'giggles' make BX owners look like a bunch of petty-minded idiots who've all got it in for each other to the casual viewer.
That almost looked like it was pointing the finger at me... tut tut, a little off target conclusion jumping there... I said the highly accurate Wiki was me, never said anything about Adtrader...

Meh! You're all entitled to your opinions as i am mine.

You may all choose to agree to disagree...

I disagree to agree...

Motive... hmmmm, something all the bandwagon jumpers never considered before they hopped onboard...
I have zero patience for your tedium.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

What i've found funny about this, is the fact that Andy42 has junked a load of spares for nowt & is going to scrap his car :x Just because he doesn't like what he think's someone's said, now that is pathetic to spite your own face & to stop others from benefiting from anything you had to offer :roll:

Who knows what really happened, i don't really care except for your attitude of getting rid of everything to make some sort of meaningless point. Oh & welcome to the club, you may actually be the shortest lived member seeing as your car is going to china shortly.....
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

:oops: A sense of deja vu about all of this...ah yes primary school circa 1975. :roll:
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

MULLEY wrote:What i've found funny about this, is the fact that Andy42 has junked a load of spares for nowt & is going to scrap his car :x Just because he doesn't like what he think's someone's said, now that is pathetic to spite your own face & to stop others from benefiting from anything you had to offer :roll:

Who knows what really happened, i don't really care except for your attitude of getting rid of everything to make some sort of meaningless point. Oh & welcome to the club, you may actually be the shortest lived member seeing as your car is going to china shortly.....
There didn't appear to be many takers for the car anyway, only Richard and Jay showed interest so I don't really feel cheated out of any opportunity. Like you say cutting off your nose to spite your face has never been a particularly sensible policy.

This is the second time the VIC check has caused a problem recently and I suspect some sellers may be genuinely unaware of the need for a check... My own opinion is that DVLA should ensure that a vehicle can't be kept on the road without a VIC as soon as one is needed.
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

scarecrow wrote: My own opinion is that DVLA should ensure that a vehicle can't be kept on the road without a VIC as soon as one is needed.
I agree that would be a good policy.

Much better that sending out the lynch mob when someone points out a car LEGALLY REQUIRES one and saves you a whole load of hassle if you were the one to unwittingly buy it...

IIRC that was the same response I got both times I've pointed out the VIC issue recently... should just keep my mouth shut and then quietly chuckle to myself afterward really. I just have this thing about not being ripped-off, knowingly or otherwise...
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

If you knew my motive you might not be so judgemental, but that would ruin the fun!
Seems like you have an axe to grind, have we had our fingers burnt in the past :?:

Whilst it is true that the seller did not mention the VIC issue, as other posters have stated, there is a good chance he genuinely may not have known about this. There were certainly other more diplomatic ways of letting him know about his short comings.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I've re-read Jay's post & tbh i can't see anything that isn't factual, perhaps the way it was worded may have caused the seller to take it personally as i'm guessing he was totally unawares of the vic issue. Why didn't he just pm jay about the post & sort it out man to man, no he decided to get a face on thinking it was a personal attack, his loss tbh rather than ours, lets move on as nothing is going to change on this post....
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I think some people should buy washing machines then they wouldent have to keep doing there dirty laundry in public :rofl:
JayW
1K Away

Post by JayW »

In all reality, I asked the owner the question about VIC on 31st August having had quite a conversation. I arranged for another member (who lives closer) to go look at the car a couple of days later when the seller returned from his weekend away. But, having asked the VIC question I NEVER received ANY further communication.

Do the math.

2 weeks later on the 15th September I posted that the owner had neglected to mention the VIC. Pretty black & white to me!

On the 19th the owner returns to the site already having junked the spares with a chip and plans to scrap the motor.

Again, do the math.

Though it is nice to see the crew of the bandwagon are dispersing...
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

The wheel fell off my bandwagon a long time ago
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

scarecrow wrote:The wheel fell off my bandwagon a long time ago
I might have a spare in the workshop Steve. I'll take a look this afternoon for you. :lol: Is it a MkI or a MkII? :wink:
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Susan Donym wrote:I think some people should buy washing machines then they wouldent have to keep doing there dirty laundry in public :rofl:
I think Sue that you should go and re-read your earlier post. If I'm not mistaken you were doing some dirty washing too, dragging up a previous situation of a member that had been already "cleaned" and put-away! :roll:
1991 BX19GTi Auto
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Linegeist wrote:
scarecrow wrote:The wheel fell off my bandwagon a long time ago
I might have a spare in the workshop Steve. I'll take a look this afternoon for you. :lol: Is it a MkI or a MkII? :wink:
Dunno if it's a mark1 or 2 but it's wooden - so I guess mark 1 then :wink:

Could we have photos of any dirty underwear please? I put mine on back-to-front today and that's the way they'll stay 'till they need to come off again!
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Way2go wrote: I think Sue that you should go and re-read your earlier post. If I'm not mistaken you were doing some dirty washing too, dragging up a previous situation of a member that had been already "cleaned" and put-away! :roll:
I dont think I was,

If you are refering to the post supporting Tim, I was refering to a situaition , I didnt once say it happenned to me or indeed it was anything to do with this forum did I ?

All I thought I was doing was pointing out how sometimes its not worth rising to the bait set by others as all it does is create bad feeling and achieves little else.

If a similar situation happenned here it was before I joined
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

I think this thread has been crossthreaded (pun intended) with another as I can't see anything wrong with what any forum member wrote on here before Andy42 threw his toys out of the pram, all I can read is a little advice to other forum members who may have been considering this car!
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.