citroen bx 1.7 tzd

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Linegeist
BXpert

Post by Linegeist »

I can't help thinking you're right Kev'. This is turning into a right knicker-twist session..... :roll: :lol: :wink:
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Like the crossthreaded quip. :lol:

It is but as I referred to a members earlier post rather than pertaining to that thread "technically" there was no error. :wink:

Sue, OK but my point was that you were applauding a guy for saying nothing but you posted the detail that he chose not to. Best let it lie there methinks. titanic
1991 BX19GTi Auto
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Right, I'm going to comment here for several reasons.

AFAIK if a VIC is required then DVLA will not issue an annual reminder for rax renewal. If a VIC is required it will say such on their website if you check the details of the car.
Jay did a lot of leg work here, for our mutual mates benefit, said mutual mate would have paid up and we could have taken the car away a few weekends back if Andy had replied to Jay, and if we'd known in advance about the VIC.
The clutch wouldn't have bothered me, easy afternoon's work with a beer up the farm. Sorted.

As it is, said mate AFAIK right now has no car now, and I can't lend him the 16v since I crashed it. He's screwed without a car.
Had we known about the VIC requirement in advance then John could have checked about insurance, since we happen to know it CAN make a difference, and it could still have found a good home not a million miles form me.
As is, Andy has binned some stuff and is now saying the car will most likely be scrapped.
If the shell was as good as it sounded then thats a shame, but I have little sympathy.
Even for a cheap motor honesty is still the best policy.
Ho hum.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...