Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Problems associated with accidents and 4x4s and snowy weather

1, Lack of experiance in the conditions
2, Lead Right Foot
3, Reliance on the middle pedal to slow them down
4, Autoboxes replacing Manuals
5, The Main Cause the NUT attached to the steering wheel

btw, Second call I went to the Nut overtook a Bus which was obviously not travelling fast enough on the section of road in first video clip. Then did a 180 in front of the Bus and ended up in the ditch, couple of metres away was a very sturdy concreate power pole...lucky was a word used.
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

Every year I look forward to the odd couple of days where I can drive the BX on the snow and ice. Dont know why that is I just find it gives some perspective and adrenalin to drivng on snow and ice in a vehicle that we love to drive.

Overriding conclusion though is with a pair of snow chains on the BX is awesome in the snow and ice and both my beasts have performed well this year. However the TZS never got the chain treatment so far this year, probably because I enjoyed outdrivng a "Motorway" patrol cop in his Holden Commodore super car :lol:

Now its warm and wet again and I really mean its wet!

The Earthquakes are coming North as well :shock:
xac
Forgetful Forum Host

Post by xac »

scarecrow wrote:female
*cough* how did you know? *cough*
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

xac wrote:
I only said it to start an argument! I don't actually believe it - my brother-in-law is the worst driver I've ever known. The ladies come second :wink:

I dunno if others have noticed, and I know I'm making a sweeping generalization, but I find that ladies drive more selfishly than men, and tend not to be as predictive/intuitive as their appendaged counterparts. I'm not saying that our extra ribbed friends should be stopped from driving, more that men should be prepared to take avoiding action. As I shall now :wink:
kiwi
Over 2k

Post by kiwi »

scarecrow wrote:
xac wrote:
I only said it to start an argument! I don't actually believe it - my brother-in-law is the worst driver I've ever known. The ladies come second :wink:

I dunno if others have noticed, and I know I'm making a sweeping generalization, but I find that ladies drive more selfishly than men, and tend not to be as predictive/intuitive as their appendaged counterparts. I'm not saying that our extra ribbed friends should be stopped from driving, more that men should be prepared to take avoiding action. As I shall now :wink:
You know what I am going to disagree with your generalisation.

Why because there are quite a few women drivers around my parts (excuse the pun) that drive trucks and I am not talking the poxy 4x4 Suv type things. However that said I do find that women drivng 4x4s do tend to be more agressive. Then again thinking about this I got a real stress head female behind me during last weekends chaos who did the most dumb $%^&*&% stupid thing when after beeping her horn at me because she was stuck in the traffic and hurling abuse, she decided to overtake me on a double yellow line in the village with cars parked either side of the road and people Families with young kids) around at speed. How she didnt toast someone was more luck than skill.

Which also brings me to the snow bunnies in general! Self focused they can not grasp the concept that because they are heading to the snow or heading home in the evening that some of us will be traveling the opposite direction! Therfore you dont farking overtake on blind bends!!!! :shock: