Groliffe - scrapped

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
richardd1652
1K Away

Post by richardd1652 »

Pm sent.
Richard.
1985 MK1 BX Digit
1986 MK1 BX Leader
1988 19RD
1983 Tin Snail
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

What's the story Oscar ?
If breaking then I will buy some parts of it.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Yes, I'd like a fair few bits too - go on, break it - you know you want to :wink: I'm pretty good at dismantling...
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Patience, lads, patience.

What parts do people want? I have a huge stock of spares of various sorts.

Oscar
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

glove box and doors and and :wink:
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Oscar wrote: What parts do people want? I have a huge stock of spares of various sorts.
Well, for a start and only if it really has to be broken.......
Aircon pump, condensor, ventilation fans, hoses (maybe)
HP pump
Driveshaft LH
Rear tailgate trim
Door draught excluder
Wheel trims - if fitted
Rad hoses
Height corrector

BUT I WOULD RATHER YOU KEPT IT AND FIXED IT OSCAR

All self service of course and subject to being in good usable condition. We could have a party/wake while we do the dismantling.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

I don't have time, space or expertise to take all those bits off. If I did, I'd fix it. It's outside the front door on a small terraced street atm and I don't want it gradually dissolving outside making the street look like a breaker's yard. If someone wants to trailer it away and break it, fine. Perhaps we could stable it at Medway Citroen while it is dismantled but they'd want a cut too.

Sorry to be short, I really want to simplify things and get rid of what is a pain in the arse now.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

And the insurance runs out on 31 Oct by which time it must be off the street.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Do you want me to find out from my scrap man if he has a place where we could dismantle it? The trouble is then, where would we store the parts until distribution/collection? A forklift would be handy too...
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Oscar, self service meant I will remove the parts.
Fraid I can't help with trailering it away but am happy to share costs if anyone else can.
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Jaba wrote:Oscar, self service meant I will remove the parts.
Fraid I can't help with trailering it away but am happy to share costs if anyone else can.
Sorry jaba I realise that now.
Scarecrow if you can ask the question perhaps it might be a solution?
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

The trailering part is going to be the problem - hadn't thought about that. I was envisaging driving it to his field. stripping it down, then hiabing the shell into his truck. I'll ring him today (Tues) and see what I can organise, but he probably won't want it on his land for more than a day and would expect the scrap as payment. Moot point if we can't get the car there in the first place.

I'm sure we could persuade Medway Citroen but again a trailer is the problem. The only alternative I can see is for everyone to descend like a swarm of locusts the day it's due to be taken away... Personally I can't see why you'd want the hassle Oscar... :( Did you ask Medway if they were interested in buying it for the parts?
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Oscar, do you have an idea of what you'd want for it? Are you (understandably IMO) looking to get more than scrap value for it? I think people may be put off offering what they can afford if they believe it to be less than what you want for it. If a buyer is found then I would be willing to take a day off work to trailer it (I have holiday to use up!), if my costs were covered. But bear in mind I'm about 250 miles away surely there would be someone locally who could move it for less than me? That is IF it is wanted by someone?

What about a short listing on eBay? I paid £100 for a donor car just for the A/C, and leather should easily double that.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

OK, this is the situation now: If by tomorrow no-one makes a firm arrangement to collect by Sunday, then Friday and Saturday it's up for grabs for spares, and Sunday it'll be scrapped.

I suspect this will mean Steve and I dismantling it, but if you are interested and can make it on Friday or Saturday to North Kent, PM me for address details.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

If they come Oscar, please can I keep one? letsbefriends