ghaddon1701s TZD Turbo.

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

The headlining doesn't need to seal against the roof, the roof should be water tight before getting to the roof lining. The aerial is another leak point?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

oh yes it does.
There's some sealer at the front end of the cassette because the drain within the roof is very shallow at that point.
Easy fix though!
either get some sealer in a caulking gun with a long spout and apply with the roof slid back, or, if access is a little tight, drop the front end of the cassette a little.
When you slide the glass back take a look in each front corner of the gap betwixt the cassette and the actual roof, you'll see the gloopy shit Citroen used.
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
ghaddon1701
BXpert

HP Pump

Post by ghaddon1701 »

Thanks. I will have to get the sealant gun out and have a look.

Also I had a closer look at the HP pump today. Looking at it, around by where the shaft and the pulley comes out it is a bit damp. But isn't leaking heavily. The pump has been noisy since I got the car and sometimes have periods of heavy steering. Do you have to replace all the LHM to replace the pump? Or are you supposed to? I changed the fluid and cleaned the filters about 15000 miles ago. Can you change it without renewing the fluid? Also when i changed the fluid the pump took forever to prime. Had to hold it at 3000rpm for about 15 minutes. Another sign the pump is weak i suppose.

Regards Graham
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Lovely looking car that. A real credit to you. I sympathise with the 100 quid for the wheel trims - it really does my head in if things aren't 'correct'! Were did you find them - still hanging round at a main dealers?
ghaddon1701
BXpert

Post by ghaddon1701 »

I got 3 off ebay and the last one came from the chevronics centre. And I now have had a spare one from Phil (Kermit)