Where are the strut return pipes?

BX Tech talk
toddao
BXpat

Where are the strut return pipes?

Post by toddao »

I've been fiddling about with my yellow break trying to get it ready for its TÜV ( road to Damascus). I had the front wheels off today and I noticed that where should be the strut return pipes are just stumps of the remains on both sides!

How can this be? Why is LHM not pissing out all over the place? It's been off the road for two years. Heaven knows where they've got to? I must have been driving around like that before then!

Any theories appreciated..

Cheers
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

eaten by rats?
They shouldn't actually pass much fluid unless the strut is FUBAR, or you work the suspenion up and down a lot..
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

Thanks Chris, that's re-assuring! Those rats must have been quite hungry as they've eaten huge holes all over the bugger - rubber, metal. Yum, yum.

I've got rust in my eyes and four weeks to squeeze the wreck past the all-seeing eyes of the raison-shitting TÜV inspectors. I might be seeking some more advice. Like, what to look for when buying a Berlingo etc.. ( I haven't lost faith yet!)
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

toddao wrote: Like, what to look for when buying a Berlingo etc.. ( I haven't lost faith yet!)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: end of chat!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...