inlet manifold

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
chris adams
Confirmed BX'er

Post by chris adams »

toddao wrote:Is this sorted now then? I couldn't remove the one here yesterday owing to inclement weather and now it's unlikely I'll get another chance. I think postage would have been prohibitive anyway - only if you were really stuck would it have been economic.
Let us know how you get on Chris and also perhaps something about your BXing activities?
yes it would seem that i have this situation in the bag thanks for trying though, much appreciated.as for my bx ing it all come about from my 306 cabrio, as i wanted to turbo her using 406 sri engine but was told if i wanted huge power i would neeed 4x4 system to gain grip so in the search for a 4x4set up i came across the bx gti 4x4 with stripped engine. but after doing some reading i decided i didnt want to rip the thing apart but to get her back on the road as my friend is citroen mad and he will be buying the finished article. so instead i bought an mi16 4x4 to do the job on the cab but have since turned her into a group n style road/track slag which is still in the making. so the cab is staying as she is maybe do some exterior/interior mods rather than go the power route might just stick a gti-6 engine in and have done.
i need 1.9 gti inlet manifold asap
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

So you've got a BX GTI 4x4? Good on you - they're finding their fans now.

But isn't that always the way - buy a car for parts then end up fixing it up! Any pics of the BX and the Peugeots?
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Dean pm'd
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
chris adams
Confirmed BX'er

Post by chris adams »

toddao wrote:So you've got a BX GTI 4x4? Good on you - they're finding their fans now.

But isn't that always the way - buy a car for parts then end up fixing it up! Any pics of the BX and the Peugeots?
yea it seems to be a way of life. restore not destroy. im becoming a bit prejodistic against anyone who destroys some part of historic evolution. im not a true fan of citroen myself but as i said my mate is super crazy about them so me being a bit mechanically minded and him being a money spender i took the oportunity to bring the life back into her. i did have plenty of pics of both builds but it seems my compo has some sort of virus and have lost most of my memory. i still have the pug pics on my camera but all the bx,ers are lost.
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

BX596 wrote:
MULLEY wrote:Dean, is that your fabled 4x4 :?: When you getting her back on the road & do you want a hand (i can make tea :wink: ) :?:
It is indeed.Give me what the scrap man would and she's yours :wink:
Don't say things like that, even in jest. Makes me slightly giddy, and in line for a slap from SWMBO for even contemplating buying another car... :oops:
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

chris adams wrote:.... i did have plenty of pics of both builds but it seems my compo has some sort of virus and have lost most of my memory...
I've got a Mac, so I'l largely immune from viruses. I've still lots lots of my memory though, and more seems to be going every day... :roll:
Ray

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

chris adams wrote:
BX596 wrote:
chris adams wrote:as for price wise a few years back i paid £25 for a 205 gti inlet + tb+ fuel rail and an fse power boost valve off a gti-6 forum member. so its got to be in these regions.
Do you just want the manifold?Is a tenner reasonable?
sounds fine to me could you throw in the fuel rail as cant find mine
The fuel rail and injectors have gone :shock: Can't remember selling them TBH,but never mind.Who is the best carrier to use(price,reliability etc)Will pack up next week,when I'm on nights,when I can "borrow " some packaging from work. :wink: 8) .Haven't go paypal,so you'll have to send a cheque or make some other arrangement
BX596
BXpert

Post by BX596 »

rayfenwick wrote:
BX596 wrote:
MULLEY wrote:Dean, is that your fabled 4x4 :?: When you getting her back on the road & do you want a hand (i can make tea :wink: ) :?:
It is indeed.Give me what the scrap man would and she's yours :wink:
Don't say things like that, even in jest. Makes me slightly giddy, and in line for a slap from SWMBO for even contemplating buying another car... :oops:
No jesting mate.I've come to the conclusion that my beloved 4x4 is never going to see the road under my ownership,unless I win the lottery(14 million to 1 chance)The transfer box is good(100 K in my ownership) but comes with a spare.Comes with 4 almost new continental tyres.Want to risk a divorce?
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

PM sent (N's in Moscow for the moment ;) )
Ray

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

BX596 wrote:.................Who is the best carrier to use(price,reliability etc)Will pack up next week,when I'm on nights,when I can "borrow " some packaging from work. :wink: 8)
Hi Dean,
I use this COURIER service (Interparcel Economy) it's actually UPS !
It should only cost £8.39 with Interparcel Economy (subject to package size and weight) provided the item and packaging is not more than 30 Kg's in total !

I hope this may help.

:)
chris adams
Confirmed BX'er

Post by chris adams »

BX596 wrote:
chris adams wrote:
BX596 wrote: Do you just want the manifold?Is a tenner reasonable?
sounds fine to me could you throw in the fuel rail as cant find mine
The fuel rail and injectors have gone :shock: Can't remember selling them TBH,but never mind.Who is the best carrier to use(price,reliability etc)Will pack up next week,when I'm on nights,when I can "borrow " some packaging from work. :wink: 8) .Haven't go paypal,so you'll have to send a cheque or make some other arrangement
no worries im sure i can find another some where. do they share any similars to the 205 or other variants of the same xu heads? and cheque is my fave way of paying any how and yes i dont mind waiting till it has cleared before you send the goodies