TZD Hurricane. Spares, repairs, parts whatever!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Arh well, some us know where there is a replacement waiting in the wings. :wink:
rayfenwick
1K Away

Re: TZD Hurricane. Spares, repairs, parts whatever!

Post by rayfenwick »

messerschmitt owner wrote:Not wanting to be blunt, location is also a factor - a car in Hull is almost like one in Scotland, too far away for most of us to consider collecting on a trailer just for scrapping for bits. If there had a been a free XM within 100 miles of home and it was drivable, it would be in work's car park now!
This reinforces a very valid point - most Citroen enthusiasts seem to be in the South of England, which is why richardd1652 seems to get the majority of the North cars I guess - it's down to logistics, economics, and having the space to put them once they arrive.

Am I jealous? In a way, because I wish I could turn a few basket cases around, and pass them on to people who, like me, haven't got the space etc to do it themselves. Am I going to knock him for it? No, because at least he actually does it...

Don't get me wrong - a few people were interested in the XM I weighed in, but none of them actually did anything about it...and the result was that a quite saveable car was cubed.

For balance, if, as has been hinted, richardd1652 has actually "gazumped" someone, then that's a different matter. If a prior agreement exists then I agree it is "not cricket".

If however there was merely a "I quite fancy that, I'll non-commitally ponder it for a while without making my intentions known to anyone" scenario, then I can't see any grounds for complaint.

Just my 10 roubles, hopefully not too OT...
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Paul can you supply pictures of the damage please?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Hi All

Yes I'm about to post some pics (if I can work out how to!) I've been on the phone to the insurance co. all day being past from pillar to post. Will post some pics shortly.

The third parties insurance company seem quite happy to accept evidence to say my cars worth more than their valuation. Would it be possible to get a letter from you Tim and/or the CCC to support my claim? I'll be trawling around the small adds/ebay etc. for more evidence but if anyone has anything else (cars for sale etc.) that would be much appreciated.

Many thanks a gain for all the advice - without it I'd have taken the 270 quid and gone and punched a wall with an overwhelming sense of injustice!

Cheers

Paul
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Paul

More than happy to help regarding the Insurance, just need an email to bxtim@citroencarclub.org,uk with a few details of the car.

Tim
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Email received, have forwarded it on to the the CCC club Chairman, and will get back to you asap. For those who baulk about payng £30 a year membership its food for thought!.
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Hi Tim.

Very much appreciated. Thank you. It's worth it for the magazine (very glossy these days) and a sticker and tax disc holder!

I spoke to the engineers this morning and they have asked me to forward any evidence to support my case. I've managed to find a few cars on the internet so am about to forward the info to them.

Any idea how long the club chairnman will take getting back to me? I'm cutting a bit fine keeping the hire car (they need a fresh valuation by Friday) Thanks again.

Cheers

Paul
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Be warned, Brian will NOT give a valuation for a particular car if it's already had the accident. He will probably only give a guide price for BX models as a whole. You must also ask Johnbird on here to supply you with the evidence of the value of his BX. And if necessary I can supply a copy of a letter given to me valuing my BX at £800.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Paul

ive emailed him, hes normally very prompt, so expect a reply very soon.

I will forward on to you what he sends me.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

OUCH! :shock: Thats a bit of a mess, but its mendable but i imagine not cost effective, does it still drive, does the boot open and close? what state is the boot floor in?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

You can clearly see what we can't Tim :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

Can you put the pictures up, Tim? Go on, go on, go on...
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Will do when I get chance.
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Hi All,

Yes indeedy 'a bit of a mess' as you say! No the boot doesn't close and the boot floor has taken a bit of a mashing - all the plastic boot lining has just caved in. It still drives extremely well - as it always did ( the bumper will need a little tender loving gaffa tape as gravity is taking its toll!) I think it might be repairable but the cost would be . . . well alot!

The insurer's engineers got in touch with me today and they have upped their offer to 400 quid plus I get to keep the car - an offer I've accepted. It seemed reasonable to me and I'm tired of talking to insurance companies!

I've been in touch with 'Ken's mate Shaune' aka . . . Shaune, who is interested in my car for another Hurricane that currently needs an engine.
I'd post the pics myself but havn't worked out how to do it yet - so please feel free Tim (I'll just lookaway!). Many thanks Ken for putting me in touch with Shaune - very much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

:cry: