1992 BX16TXS with 43000 miles

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Mike E (uk) wrote:I think that is a pretty good price
I would have agreed with you, were it not for the fact that it sold for (IIRC) over £1300 recently, also on eBay! I guess there were 2 (or more) people who really wanted it last time, but not the same frenzy now.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Mike E (uk) wrote:I think that is a pretty good price, A 1.6 petrol BX with a carb, and an auto is hardly the most popular model.

That car would have raised less than that 10 years ago.

I think prices are up for excellent examples, which this car is.

But I do not expect prices to rise much more given the economic climate and the fact that BXs are not a premium brand and do not have a strong image.

Mike
Sadly your right Mike, if you look at what GS/CX models fetch (unless its a turbo or a prestige) they are still very good value. Give it a few years.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

Mike E (uk) wrote:I think that is a pretty good price, A 1.6 petrol BX with a carb, and an auto is hardly the most popular model.

That car would have raised less than that 10 years ago.

I think prices are up for excellent examples, which this car is.
Mike
There's been a bit of discussion on other threads about how many BXs are left and the general consensus is around 1100 on the road and dropping by the month. The simple fact is that they are becoming a rarity and any model in decent nick with a full history and verifiably low mileage has to attract a premium to its value. However, that situation is still a year or two down the line.

My feeling is that this particular car has to be worth at least £900-1000 in anybody's book. But as with all auctions, you only get good prices when people starting trying to outbid each other. That didn't happen in this case because the first bid came in a few minutes before the end of the auction. When I bought it in April it made £600 more - same car, same start price but many more bidders. The real value has to lie somewhere inbetween.

Hopefully the new owner will be an enthusiast and want to keep it in good order and on the road for many more years. I'll report back when he's picked up the car and hopefully persuade him to sign up to the site if he isn't already.
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

BX16 floated serenely off to Bury St Edmunds this morning, piloted by Brian, who has owned two other BXs (a 14 and a 19) in the past and had a hankering for another. Seemed very happy with his purchase (should be) and hopefully will be an enthusiastic owner. If you live in that neck of the woods, keep an eye out for it.
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987