WTD - Mk1 BX

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

MULLEY wrote:It's just not a particularly attractive looking car which will always hold back its value.
You think? I love the looks of the BX! 8) especially the "TZ" with the two tone bumpers, Z wheel trims and rear quarter window looks fabulous in an 80s way in my opinion.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

<----------- That's a lovely looking car

Just lately I've noticed that youngsters have started to look it over when they pass. The other thing is that, lookswise, the bx is growing old gracefully compared to many cars of that era.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Roverman wrote:
MULLEY wrote:It's just not a particularly attractive looking car which will always hold back its value.
You think? I love the looks of the BX!
I agree with Mulley in a way - I personally like the looks of the BX (especially the estate :oops: ) but it's not a classically good looking car that will appeal to a mass market. With DS, for example, even non car people will tend to agree that it looks beautiful, so appeals to a wider market and forces the prices up.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

scarecrow wrote:<----------- That's a lovely looking car

Just lately I've noticed that youngsters have started to look it over when they pass.
Careful, they're probably eyeing up your stereo ;)
scarecrow wrote: The other thing is that, lookswise, the bx is growing old gracefully compared to many cars of that era.
I like the BX looks, but it's very dated and naff to some people (my wife thinks it looks like a Lada Samara - it does - but Lada copied the BX) and like its Gandini stablemate the Lamborghini Countach it reeks of the 80s - too much for some people. Give it a few years, and I'm sure that they'll be worth much more in the car:scrap ratio than they are now.
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

toddao wrote:Mulley wrote
its just not a particularly attractive looking car
I disagree! I bought my first BX not because I was looking for cheap motoring but I really liked the look of it. I prefer the BX design to the DS these days.
I disagree too, I bought two new GTi's and regretted buying a Peugeot 405 SRi instead of a third. It was an attractive car of the day and still is but the bulbous things of today make a disjointed comparison inevitable. :)
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Anyone got a Mk1 BX for sale? :wink:
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

What i meant was that whilst its no looker i do like the way it actually looks, there's no other citroen that looks like a BX & there aren't any other cars out there that look remotely like it.

Its just not a beautifully looking car compared to say the SM or the DS which just have lovely flowing lines, the bx is angular & so will never prove to be that attractive with the general public.

No one outside of the BX club really gets them, likewise i suspect that DS & SM owners can appreciate the driving qualities, not many would say that it looks all that attractive in comparison. They do look very retro though due to their oddness, which is why i'm quite happy to drive something unique & be different from vectra & mondeo owners etc...

A bit like Visa's, not exactly beautiful to the eye, but they are so different to anything else, i can appreciate the uniqueness of the uglyness of that design :lol: I would love to own one though, again just because they are so different & fun to drive.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
scarecrow

Post by scarecrow »

rayfenwick wrote:
scarecrow wrote:<----------- That's a lovely looking car

Just lately I've noticed that youngsters have started to look it over when they pass.
Careful, they're probably eyeing up your stereo ;)

I'd be more worried they'd use it for a barricade.

I knew of someone who decided to spread the riots of 1985 down this way. He petrol bombed a knitting shop!