Free, otherwise off to the tip

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BXs in the nineties and noughties...

Scruffy 19TXD diesel estate just arrived to replace...
Scruffy 1.1i AX I've been struggling to fit "stuff" into recently (but has been great - and cheap - basic transport)

Re: Free, otherwise off to the tip

Post by DLM »

This topic seems to have been inactive a while - guess parts are getting harder to find.

I'm ditching a tired and broken-in-parts red bumper in a couple of days (appointment to dump booked). I'm also ditching a pair of mangled red wings, unless anyone can think of a second-life use. I did wonder if they could have a second life as a source for non-structural patching plates, but I really need the space they're all taking up in the boot.

I may also ditch some front door plastic door mouldings as I seem to have a surfeit (screw onto the front of the door card and where window switches and speakers are mounted), though they may go up with me to the National if I get there.
Occasionally constrained by geography. When not driving, can rely on ferry, two wheels and musclepower when a couple of miles as the crow flies would become a round-road-trip ten times the distance.

DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BXs in the nineties and noughties...

Scruffy 19TXD diesel estate just arrived to replace...
Scruffy 1.1i AX I've been struggling to fit "stuff" into recently (but has been great - and cheap - basic transport)

Re: Free, otherwise off to the tip

Post by DLM »

Wings accepted at the local site, bumper not, so will have to find an alternative. Will post some pics - perhaps not totally beyond redemption, but only storage space I have is the rear of the BX. If I get up to the national on Sunday, it'll most likely still be in the boot and available to anyone interested in doing the work.
Occasionally constrained by geography. When not driving, can rely on ferry, two wheels and musclepower when a couple of miles as the crow flies would become a round-road-trip ten times the distance.