citron bx 1.9 dtr d reg 50.000 miles all 23 mots

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Roverman wrote:Wheeltrims are easy to get, he chose to have the wheels like that, the bumpers need some paint I admit, as for no history I would class every MOT as otherwise! :lol:
Are you on commission Tim L? :lol:

The problem as I see it (without actually seeing how the car looks underneath, or driving it) is that to get top money for not the most desirable model, it needs to look spot on to get the initial interest, and then needs to drive as good as it looks, with history as evidence of servicing. The photos don't do it any justice, so any potential buyer looking at the eBay advert isn't even going to ask about the 23 MOTs which aren't mentioned on it...

Every MOT is indeed some history, and to a large extent backs up the mileage but we don't know how often it has been serviced, and whether a lot of parts are time expired, or have recently been changed.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Presentation is everything at this price.

There's an old saying, bullshit baffles brains doesn't it Tim :lol:
anaconda
BXpert

Post by anaconda »

Tim the only wheel trims which seem to be anything like readily available are the old circles in a cirlce type, which dont actually fit properly. If you know where to get the newer ones then do say.

Likewise the bumper required trim isnt available often mainly I suspect because the plastic falls off and the metal bends to buggery.
1991 BX TGD Saloon
1990 VW T25 Camper. Currently on sabbatical
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Missed opportunity. But then the owner's owned it acuple of years .... No scholar indeed Tim. Maybe he can't count either so might be able to get the BX for a ton. (sorry, cruel). :roll:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
anaconda
BXpert

Post by anaconda »

Philip Chidlow wrote:Missed opportunity. But then the owner's owned it acuple of years .... No scholar indeed Tim. Maybe he can't count either so might be able to get the BX for a ton. (sorry, cruel). :roll:
That's an arse of a post, and the pretend apology makes it worse.

Grow up.
1991 BX TGD Saloon
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Roverman wrote:Wheeltrims are easy to get, he chose to have the wheels like that, the bumpers need some paint I admit, as for no history I would class every MOT as otherwise! :lol:
An MOT is not service history Tim, does not even say the car is in good order just that certain things are not bad enough to fail at the time. MOT's don't fail it on lack of oil changes or even if the engine is running like a shaking bag of spanners.

Car looks dirty/rough in the pictures and why no picture of the dashboard etc, especially given the low mileage claim.

Wheeltrims might not be his preference but no BX looks tidy without them (or alloys) and he is asking £1100 for this. :shock: It's not to say it can't be tidied up but for that money you would expect something pristine.

:?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

:?
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Philip Chidlow wrote::?
x 2 :?
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

x3 :?
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

We do love to pull things apart dont we!,

i'm trying to find a good home for a good car!, Tims a nice guy, and put ALOT of time and effort in to this car, ok the photos arent great and neithers the write up but give the guy a break!, we arent all computer savvy, he bought it as a scrapper and spent hours and hours on the old girl, after speaking to him yesterday again hes re-doing the advert.

To confirm the engines been out, had a full service, cambelt, headgasket, clutch, fluids etc, so in my mind thats a good enough for me.

I think if you expect a full Citroen stamped service book for £1000 worth of 24 year old BX you need a reality check, yes its a nice though but a big ask, I would go on whats been done recently not what was done years ago.

Its got a years MOT and is ready to roll, a small amount of cosmetics is all thats needed to win prizes. He even had two new rear 1/4 windows MADE especially a alocal firm, and has had one made for me for the GT, so theres no question of the guys love of BX's.

Im surprised by some of the regular contributors comments on here! :roll:
Last edited by Tim Leech on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I don't think anyone's doubting your endorsement, Tim, but I believe in order for this car to encourage interest at that price it needed more than a terrible eBay listing. OK I was a bit unforgiving of the poorly worded ad (am I alone in despairing of the poor standards of the majority of car ads?) and obviously apolgise if I managed to offend anyone with the quip, and the pictures do not do the car justice.

Hats off for adding much-needed detail to the advert, Tim and hopefully your efforts will not be in vain. Trouble is, when you consider I got less than a grand when I needed to sell the TXD estate, this car does seem (dare-I-say?) pricey.

Good news that the ad's being re-written too :)
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Roverman wrote:To confirm the engines been out, had a full service, cambelt, clutch, fluids etc, so in my mind thats a good enough for me.

I think if you expect a full Citroën stamped service book for £1000 worth of 24 year old BX you need a reality check, yes its a nice though but a big ask.
But so is the asking price. Maybe a full Citroen history is unlikely (although I'm not aware of that being mentioned above) but simply some evidence of previous work other than the recent cambelt and clutch will help massively.

Personally I'm not saying anything against the car - it would be unfair to comment on the value of a car without actually seeing it and driving it. Just that from the description and pictures given, it is unlikely to appear to the market as being worth the money. this thread has generated a fair number of replies, and as a result he is apparently re-doing the advert, so surely that is a good thing?

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
anaconda
BXpert

Post by anaconda »

docchevron wrote:x3 :?

Im not really sure what this is supposed to suggest.

If ive misinterpreted others comments then thats regrettable or if theres an 'in joke' between the OP and others then likewise.

Comments like these about someones intelligence or use of english are sneering and pointless.
1991 BX TGD Saloon
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

anaconda wrote:
docchevron wrote:x3 :?
Im not really sure what this is supposed to suggest.
It suggests bewilderment at your response.

C'mon, stop fighting his corner. It was a badly written ad with no detail and a woeful under-use of a spell-checker. I'm sorry if it offended you - and indirectly the seller. It was nothing personal (as how on Earth could I know the chap from the few words he wrote?). But I'm afraid when that ad was all I had to go on, a light-hearted quip about numeracy wasn't anything other than a joke.

BUT as I've said before I apologise if I have upset you, Anaconda.
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

I hope he gets the asking price for that BX - it looked good to me. I think £1000+ price tags for really sorted BXs in top condition are about to become routine. I'm not even sure service history and mileage (for diesels anyway) are going to mean that much as long as there's evidence that all the works been done to make it really reliable in the here and now, rather than ten years a go. It's not difficult to tell a car that's been cherished from one that hasn't - even I can do it! Although to be fair the original add probably didn't give the car the benefit of the doubt.

I think the problem with internet forums is that what passes as an off the cuff quip between mates in reality, can look like naked aggression and a smack in the mouth when its just words on a computer screen! I havn't had the pleasure of really getting to know many of the people on here but from what I do know most would be mortified if they thought they'd caused any genuine offence (I would!).