BOURNE CITROEN BXER'S MEETING December 4th 2011

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Nice to you Mike and Paul, shame the turn out was so poor, especially as Barry and His Wife laid on refreshments, still Peter and I got the bits I needed and I know Paul is a happy man!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

A brief but nice hello to all who were there.

Mike P
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Shame the turnout was so poor - Barry et cie. were excellent hosts as usual. Managed to get a complete tailblazer (yay!) which did need a bit of tlc to get it shipshape, a speedline from Tim and a set of wheel bolts - all for the princely sum of hardly anything at all.

Heading back up there next Saturday to get a dry CV joint and a few other niggles sorted out. Anyway, tailblazer . . .

Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Paul I may see you there buddy, as I got the wrong bit of the seat for Phil, unless you can remove the passenger seat itself? We alredy have the base and headrest.

Tim.

BTW looks fab!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Paul - if you can that'd save a trip for Tim. His befuddlement at that time is completely understandable in the circumstances.

Either way I will owe drinks - as well as dosh.

To be clear the bit that's worn out on the Red Baron's driver's seat is the outer bolster on the back. Anne-Marie kindly supplied a replacement base so that's OK. So, if passenger and driver's seats are interchangeable, the passenger seat is what I need. I think Tim got the base. And headrests for me. Sorry I wasn't able to go :(

PS Looking good Paul!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Philip Chidlow wrote:...........
To be clear the bit that's worn out on the Red Baron's driver's seat is the outer bolster on the back. Anne-Marie kindly supplied a replacement base so that's OK. So, if passenger and driver's seats are interchangeable, the passenger seat is what I need. I think Tim got the base. And headrests for me. Sorry I wasn't able to go :(

PS Looking good Paul!
Phil, its only the seat bases that are interchangeable as there not handed (As I'm sure you know that there just fitted into the seat base frame and are secured in with the two front base clips) !

But, if you were thinking of using a complete backrest/bolster/frame assy. with all the foam/material, from the N/S (UK passenger side) to fit onto the O/S (UK Drivers side) forget about it, although they may look the same as the seat frames are handed by virtue of the seat belt clasp/anchor point (there's only one threaded boss feature in each seat frame thus making them handed) also the N/S seat frames on some lower spec. models may not have the seat base tilt feature as may be fitted to to the O/S (drivers seat) as on your model/vehicle !

:idea: However, if your experienced in car upholstery renovation ?

You could swap the N/S foam/material cover and rebuild into the O/S frame to achieve what your probably aiming to do (I've done this many times on different vehicles of all makes, should take no more than 2 hours to do (I normally take the opportunity to wash the top/outer covers thro' the washing machine prior to rebuilding to freshen up the material though) :wink:

I hope this maybe of help to you !

:)

Last edited by RxBX on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Thanks for the advice Richard (sorry I missed your call but I've been in and out all day). It would seem then that I'm in danger of sending Tim on a wild goose chase.

:oops:
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Hi Phil, I'm more than happy to pick up the seat for you if you think it would still be useful. Even if the seat frames themselves are handed you could have a bash at just swapping over the cushiony bit etc. (as Richard suggested) Anyway - let me know if you want it picking up.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I have a patch of heavily worn bolster, so I will use the 'spare' base fabric with which to repair the bolster. Which base becomes the spare will depend on how the one Tim obtained is.

So I don't need anymore, thanks!

If my wife, Liz had her way I'd be stripping the interior out and fitting a red/black Meteor/TX interior with GTi-style seats! Anyone got a set?
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

The seat base I have for you Phil is MINT, from a low mileage 19DTR passenger seat.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Great Tim, thanks lots :)
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Philip Chidlow wrote:.............................
If my wife, Liz had her way I'd be stripping the interior out and fitting a red/black Meteor/TX interior with GTi-style seats! Anyone got a set?
Philip get the tool kit out and ready :-k
Philip Chidlow wrote:.............................
I have a a full hatchback interior set including all the door cards from my 'K' reg TXD hatchback in superb condition dry stored in my loft space but unfortunately there not the Red Stripe ones, there the Black velour type with the White/Grey stripe, give me a call if you/SWMBO would like them ? (Or anyone else) send me a PM !

:D

Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I'll check, Richard :)
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Dad has been diagnosed with bladder cancer, so i'm afraid forumy things have taken a back burner as of late. Hope everyone had a good day on Sunday. Hopefully once Dad is back on form i'll get back into the swing of things. :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

OK Mark, we did miss you but sorry to hear about your Dad and hope hes on the mend soon.