TIDY TGS on EBAY

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I have a lovely Bx for sale that needs no work on it! Has a long mot and has done 300 miles since its last one, and had a load of work done to it since if yur interested.
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

David
Thanks David, what a fascinating formula ! Isn't this forum just a wonderful source of information ! I reminds me of an Open University mathematical modeling course I did about 20 years ago, where one of the 6 possible projects you could choose to do was to derive a model for the most economical way to buy second hand cars. Unfortunately I didn't choose that one and I can't remember the conclusion. I chose the one where you had to model the suspension of a car in order to predict the size/shape of sleeping policemen road humps. As it happens I only do about 600 miles per year at the moment but if I find myself having to commute then the message is very clear that a diesel will have to be acquired.

I bought my BX19TRS in 1992 at 65k and have only added 53k and I've always kept her garaged. About two years ago it failed the MOT on a front o/s hard suspension advising that I needed two new spheres. Replacing the front spheres didn't really cure the hardness but they passed it on retest anyway. It also passed the subsequent retest with the same hard front o/s. Just recently after reading about struts on this forum, I put a squirt of WD40 down the little hole on the top of the strut and hey presto! it burst into life. If I had only known that cure, it would have saved me a few bob ! Unfortunately the freer movement on the front has exacerbated the problem with the back so that an occasional creak has now become more persistent. From reading the forum I take this to be the radius arm bearings. I am encouraged by all the information on the forum to see if I can restore the old lady to her former glory whereas at the MOT failure I was advised to scrap her and buy a Xantia for about £800.

Tim
Thanks Tim for your kind offer. All this talk of diesels is going to my head ! I found myself bidding on an automatic BX19RD on impulse recently and cursing myself afterwards as I strictly don't need another car at least until my MOT in April (and who knows perhaps not even then !) Likewise I am aching to bid for a BX19TRS automatic on eBay simply because I have never driven an automatic. But it could be a good idea to buy your car as insurance against a major MOT failure. Is it best if you contact me by PM ? Many thanks.
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
ellevie
Forum Treasurer

Post by ellevie »

David

I forgot to mention the carburetor problem on the Meteor looks exactly like the problem I experienced with my automatic choke, which turns out to have a very simple fix as described in my post in the Technical Forum,

http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1478
David

BX19TRS 118K E Reg 1992-2008
BX19TRS auto abs 96k F Reg
BX19TXD 150k K Reg
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Welcome to the club ellvie!