Northern Section Rally 25th, 26th & 27th May 2012

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Re: Northern Section Rally 25th, 26th & 27th May 2012

Post by Mickey taker »

whose this Shaun geezer then , nice to know someone else has a meteor in the right colour ( you could have nicked his back bumper for me Paul ) :D
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

A great day, slight mechanical malady on the way home but nothing that cant be mended, Phils Greaves Mk1 16TRS does look great, being critical it could do with a day "to finish it off", overspray removal and painting up the wiper arms but compared to how it was he should be very proud.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I had a great time on the Sunday, even managed to sell a few bits & bobs as well & then the Brucey bonus of actualling getting on of my raffle tickets picked out 1st, so i had a choice between the pressure washer or the kindle. Tim shouted out pressure washer, whatever do you mean :wink:

I was tempted by it, but wifey has been a bit down in the dumps recently, so i gave her the kindle as a pressie, she was expecting some shitroen tat (her words) so was pleasently surprised.

Cheers to Mark for ragging his car for my benefit, it goes well & is LOUD =D>

Thanks to Sandre for the diesel version of her flapjack, it went down well :D & cheers for the pkt of crisps as well, didn't touch the sides :o :P

Just to let you know, Shaune's diesel auto isn't actually his, it belongs to his next door neighbour who allows Shaune to take it for trips now and again as long as the car is given a clean, sounds like a good deal to me :D

I'll post up some piccies that i took.
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

MULLEY wrote:wifey has been a bit down in the dumps recently, so i gave her the kindle as a pressie
Did you let her think you'd bought it for her? :wink: Hope things improve for her soon.

I did suggest popping in 'on our way back' from Melton Mowbray, , and she didn't say no outright. But she was feeling very fragile on Sunday morning, so I thought it best to head straight home. For me the best part of the show is the evening chatting anyway, rather than looking at rows of old cars :P (Where's the tongue in cheek smiley?)

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

mat_fenwick wrote:For me the best part of the show is the evening chatting anyway
The evening chatting was an essential part of the nicest weekend I've had in a very long time, not better than the "car bits", just different.

For me, being there the day before just made Wetherby feel a lot more chilled than the X-rally (equally enjoyable, but felt like too much to do/see in too short a space of time). It was v relaxin' just to sit and shoot the shit on Saturday evening, with lots of Mark's Challenge stories* and the occasional sprinkling of off-colour jokes (I now understand ugga-bugga :shock: ), and the next day, not feel guilty about monopolising Paul for a polishin' class for 30-45 minutes on Sunday ('cos he obviously still had plenty of time to look at the other shiny cars see photos ^^^). Not sure whether the biggest laugh of the weekend was reading through a few 1977 Citroenian articles or someone referring to Paul as my husband during a chat intermission in the polishin' class :shock: :rofl: (just as well he didn't hear that or my car panel wouldn't be shiny and he'd be in Perth, Aus). Said panel looks very gorgeous indeedy, so much so that I shall never clean it again (wait, what?).

Spent some time wandering round the concours area on Sunday meself, but didn't take any pix because my phone battery was deaded >.< Really good to see Tim and Mat (Mulley) and others on Sunday and just ... hang out, although it was hot, DAMN hot!

Fabulous fabulous wind-down after a nightmare couple of weeks at work (that eighth level of hell that I don't have to go back to until 6 Jun, yay for a brilliant start to my holiday!).

* I'm even more envious now. Also, while I'm in a footnote, I had nothing to do with the pyrotechnics (fail!)
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

Caffiend wrote:OOOOH ... yeah, campfire singing. I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves :D ...

Flapjack for dessert boys! - it'll be cooking tomorrow while I wash the car before setting off.

EDIT: removes "ing" from earlier tiny remark
And the flapjack was de-lic-ious. Please tell me you're coming to Harrogate? :)
Ray

The Fleet (most recent first):
2000 Citroën XM 3.0 24V V6 Exclusive Auto (pre-MOT)
1997 Citroën XM 2.0 TCT Exclusive Auto (for sale)
1979 Citroën CX 2.4 EI Cmatic Prestige (slowly being restored)

1992 Alfa Romeo 164 Lusso 3.0 v6 12v Manual (on the to-do list)

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

Paul296 wrote:
mat_fenwick wrote: At least it might reassure her that you're all fairly normal people....oh, maybe on second thoughts I'd better leave it... :lol:
I've spent my entire life trying to side step the label; 'normal', and I'd take it as a personal insult to be described as such! :D

Can you skank a bit of wedding cake if you are coming Mat; lovely with a cup o' tea and don't worry too much about the marzipan?! :D
I've never had to convince anyone that I'm normal.... they usually work out for themselves that I'm far from it :)
Ray

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

rayfenwick wrote:And the flapjack was de-lic-ious. Please tell me you're coming to Harrogate? :)
Thank you. Please tell me that you managed to snag some of the flapjack from the second box and didn't pay for it from the cafe. I was horrified when they wanted to charge for it as I kinda just brought it to share. But tactfully didn't say so - until now :lol:

Yes, I shall be at Harrogate, whether flapjack will be accompanying me is uncertain. It might be cake. Possibly both given that we're there for several days.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
rayfenwick
1K Away

Post by rayfenwick »

That's my day made. :)

Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you and quite a few others - all of a sudden people all seemed to leave together while I was at the tent.

(Perhaps it's because everyone except me knew I'd need a jump-start, and they were all in on the joke :shock: )
Ray

www.citroencarclub.co.uk
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I've just caught up with this thread. Blame the time difference/ continental shift..

Looks like a great time was had and fabulous weather too. Asda tents? I remember Jon Wood turning up to the CCC National with a Tesco Value tent once.. supermarket tents obviously for serious expeditions!

Well done Mathew for winning the Kindle to read your Haynes manual on.

Just wish I could have been there..
Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
bxzx16v
BXpert

Post by bxzx16v »

+ 1 on the flapjack , absolutly lovely =D>

Mark