THE "X" RALLY BX'ERS ESPECIALLY WELCOME!

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I thought Ian and I were going to get booted out of the BXC when we wandered off to admire the green Triumph Acclaim triomatic in the next field but I think we got away with it :lol: .
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Mickey taker wrote:I thought Ian and I were going to get booted out of the BXC when we wandered off to admire the green Triumph Acclaim triomatic in the next field but I think we got away with it :lol: .
I missed that! 8)
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Mickey taker wrote:I thought Ian and I were going to get booted out of the BXC when we wandered off to admire the green Triumph Acclaim triomatic in the next field but I think we got away with it :lol: .
Not now you've owned up you haven't! You are the weakest link . . . goodbye :D :D
roverman wrote:Mickey taker wrote:
I thought Ian and I were going to get booted out of the BXC when we wandered off to admire the green Triumph Acclaim triomatic in the next field but I think we got away with it .

I missed that! _________________
Tim Leech

Bloody hell. Not you as well! :D :shock:
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

to redeem myself here is a picture of the interloper, the BastraX

1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Fair dos. Not 'THE' weakest link. 'A' weakest link then! :D
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

sexy splitter fog light combo ( yes I will get them wired up one day :lol: )

Garys amazing meteor came second despite not having origional dealer number
plates.lol

Is it windy around here , It feels like a Hurricanes blowing .
Pauls beautiful car came third out of the BX's :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Mickey taker on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Randoms

Oilybox's Meteor next to Mulleys car

Last edited by Mickey taker on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Roverman wrote: Its so knackered its beautiful.
Very much agreed, it's beyond retro chique, it's exactly how i think a proper old french car should look!
Vantman
BXpert

Post by Vantman »

My first BX Meet and i must say i enjoyed it. A good cross section of models,plus i met a few interesting people and gleaned some interesting BX facts and figures. The weather could have been warmer though.

A nice location as well,we took advantage of the food fair,scotch eggs and beef burgers were devoured. The two for one deal on the tour of the house and grounds was also also taken advantage of. I have never seen so many paintings under one roof. Impressive!

Here's to the next BX meet and i hope to meet a few more of you.

Brian.
Jon Sanderson
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Jon Sanderson »

My first bx meet too and I had a great time - really nice to put some faces to names and I wanted to thank Matt Fenwick, Vanny and Tim for their help in 're-sphering' my car! I really appreciate it.

Looking forward to the next one!
1991 Citroen BX 19TGD
1989 Volvo 740
1987 Citroen 2cv6 Special
1990 Peugeot 205 Roland Garros
Paul296
Over 2k
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Didn't get quite as many pics as I'd have liked. By the time I'd chatted to everyone (or nearly everyone) drunk (< this happens if you write the word 'dr*nk I've noticed) coffee, spent money I hadn't got, bummed fags off 'Caffiend' (cheers!) driven round in Marks XM (v. nice!) and some other 'stuff' . . . everyone had gone home :(

Good stuff :D
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

After a couple of days feeling increasingly like a transgendered Basil Fawlty (don't ask. No, really, don't), catching up on this thread has cheered me up good and proper :D

Thanks very much everyone who has taken the time to post their photos!

I've always thought that the C6 is just a deformed CX with many more things to go wrong on it, but that red one is a bit bloody gorgeous, might have to revise my opinion there.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Certainly true that it all seemed over quite quickly. Can't wait until the ICCCCCCCR. Many more hours for nattering!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Dollywobbler wrote:Certainly true that it all seemed over quite quickly.
Yes, I had to dash to be back in time for something else. I would have stayed longer.... but yes, people did start to drift off quite sharpish after the presentations. I reckon if the awards had been given at 3:30 people would've statyed longer. Just a thought.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

To be fair I didn t even check the time before I left, the presentations were done and people seemed to be saying there goodbyes so I thought , It must be over, wasn't the first to leave but by no means the last,mind you I had two younguns texting me "are we going yet" the whole time I was saying my goodbyes
1991 BX Meteor 1.6