image test/finally pix of the GT

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

thanks fellas for the validating feed-back. All of your comments are valid and the same thoughts ran through my mind with every revamp alteration.

Rarity aside, for this first phase rejig, I was going for the ironic grunge look.

The car is "too young" to try and make look pretty and pristine.. Zero rust and dry climate means it's going no where. It has time on its side to be properly reborn... however that would require sourcing a pristine dash and instrument binnacle... pretty much unavailable for a GT MK1
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
85 BX TRS mk1 auto... SOLD
90 BX TRi..parts....cubed
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

Roverman wrote:Was it that light green metallic? never seen it in the flesh, but the pics I have seen makes it looks very 80's, which I like.

I admit to not liking the beige of my GT but it kinds fits. I think they look great in red with alloys.
BTW yes it was that light metallic .green...I'd love to see it back to that, (although i dont like green cars)....

THis car was left out in the Australian climate for over ten years and unused for for the last 6 years....and from what I can guess was a "paddock basher" for a while too....

That aside it has $16000 worth of receipts in the glove box.. spoilt child ran away from home and was subsequently abused by bad company!!!
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Yes a massive 10 out of 10 for saving and running especially in the far away climes where they are much rarer and I assume parts much harder to source? I wrongly assumed you were trying to gain a showroom paint job and in this respect were slightly dilusional with your description of ''looking quite good''.(as I said; I was missing something)
Strangely I really like the furry dash and have got to admit I would love a genuine rat car that wouldn't rot away and was mechanically spot on. Unfortunately a genuine rusty rat car would have a very short shelf life in the UK and dare I say it especially here in the infamously Sunny City of Manchester (now who's dillusional :oops: ) however the look you are trying to atain would be feasable.
Enjoy
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
B-Hive
BXpert

Post by B-Hive »

Defender110 wrote:Yes a massive 10 out of 10 for saving and running especially in the far away climes where they are much rarer and I assume parts much harder to source? I wrongly assumed you were trying to gain a showroom paint job and in this respect were slightly dilusional with your description of ''looking quite good''.(as I said; I was missing something)
Strangely I really like the furry dash and have got to admit I would love a genuine rat car that wouldn't rot away and was mechanically spot on. Unfortunately a genuine rusty rat car would have a very short shelf life in the UK and dare I say it especially here in the infamously Sunny City of Manchester (now who's dillusional :oops: ) however the look you are trying to atain would be feasable.
Enjoy
Thanks for that..I simply love this car now, but parts and feasibility are stumbling blocks to originality...
Never aspiring to a "show room" appearance!!!.. but now that the base coat is down...I will work to refine each and every panel one by one,, for a cost that is just down to my time.. if you'd seen this old girl prior to my fettling you'd agree that black and 30% okay is better than metallic mint green at 2% good....
Current
85 BX GT Mk1..
86 BX TRS Mk1
87 BX TRi

Gone
frog
BXpert

Post by frog »

Looks great! Makes me want to sort out my GT, but it's too far gone :(

You definitely need to two tone the wheels to complete the effect.

Edit: Got bored and made a b&w version with some weird focus stuff going on - http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5738/gt4bw.jpg
1989 Citroën BX 16v
1993 Citroën BX 16v project