Turbo Diesel Radiator desperately NEEDED!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

MULLEY wrote:Out of interest, how much is a re-core? Surely must be cheaper than those daft prices, i'm sure it was only a few years ago when you could buy TD rads for under £80 & they would regularly come up on e-bay for a lot less.
Re-cores used to be a lot cheaper than new rads to the detrament of extra downtime but in the modern throw away age new rads became cheaper than labour intensive re-cores. Re-cores and rad repairs are now usually only done for NLA rads or bespoke rads.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

I have a spare radiator for a BX TD - I was going to adapt it to use in my CX 22 but realistically I would be better off tracking down a CX one as the outlet is on the wrong side. I live in Malvern but it's in Hereford and I don't currently drive so would need a lift over. If you get desperate give me a PM.
ghaddon1701
BXpert

Post by ghaddon1701 »

Hi everybody,
Have managed to source a new Valeo radiator. A re-core of my radiator would have cost more than a new radiator because it would of had to have been made in copper apparently. As there isn't an aluminium core available off the shelf to fit. So now I am £200 lighter. Maybe to TZD will go a bit better now : p. Thank you everybody for your responses.

Regards Graham
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

ghaddon1701 wrote:Hi everybody,
Have managed to source a new Valeo radiator. A re-core of my radiator would have cost more than a new radiator because it would of had to have been made in copper apparently. As there isn't an aluminium core available off the shelf to fit. So now I am £200 lighter. Maybe to TZD will go a bit better now : p. Thank you everybody for your responses.

Regards Graham

£200 well spend Graham, I imagine thise will outlast the car now.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
toddao
BXpat

Post by toddao »

I looked at that 'Boston Cooling solutions' that Tim recommended. Check out that rad he's standing next to! ( couldn't make it bigger.. the pic not the rad)
Could that be squeezed into the TD :D Making over-heating a thing of the past as well as visability!

Todd

this yellow writing is really hard to read
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Thats is a BX Radiator, hes just a very small dwarf
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
BX Meteor
BXpert

Post by BX Meteor »

:rofl: