Acceptable accessories...

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Do what I have done, and put slightly brighter bulbs in to compensate... Seems to be OK.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

Headlamp protecters are Cool! sorry mike! :lol:
i did make some foglamp prtecters when i had my 309 Gti as that has 2 fogs and 2 spots and were expensive to keep replacing! simple to do if you have any perspex lying around! cut out correct size round off the corners hey presto! all you need then are slightly longer mouning bolts and a small spacer to hold the protecter of the light! now they were cooL! haha!
I do agree with luke that Quads are cool too! and genuine gti mates would be cool! (mine are automotive leasing universal ones but they seem to fit very well! - the joys of the motor trade!)
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

In general I love quad lights (Rover P6 owner) but I really don't think they suit BX's (or G's either, come to that). Headlamp protectors: as cool as pocket protectors. My Citroen mudguards: cool. My Peugeot mats: why???
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Philip Chidlow just posted this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-CITROEN-BX17 ... dZViewItem in BX Spotting. Fake alarms on the dashboard: uncool.

EDIT: My colleague says that's an airfreshener. Still uncool. Unless it's a minicab.
Last edited by stuart_hedges on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

That would be the alarm that doubles as an air freshner!
Over and out from me
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

A mate of mine had a fake alarm that looked just like that on his Mk 1 Micra. Very tacky; evil car!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

I picked up my headlamp-protectors pretty cheaply at the Stratford rally last year. A couple of scratches, a tiny crack, but overall in nice condition and they look really smart, IMHO.

Mark.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

What about those green tinted plastic sun shades that attach to your sun visor? Now I'd say that's sad. But I have one in a cupboard somewhere!
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Yeah, but dual roller-sun blinds on the rear parcel-shelf: very cool!

Ditto the external louvre blind accessory you see on DS, CX and GS's

How about: headlamp washers/wipers, door reflectors, wiper blade fins? I used to have wiper blade fins on my GSA, more for show than whether they did anything or not. As far as I'm concerned they did naff all!

I saw door reflectors on a new Pug recently and thought: do people REALLY still fit these??

Once saw a pic of a GSA that had been fitted with a headlamp wash/wipe kit...

Mark.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Some would say, possibly the sunroof deflector is cool (and practical) but the Holy Grail for fans of such things must be the deflectors for door windows (in a nice smoked polycarbonate of course!)... (never seen a BX with them on though)...
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

I cannot get a sunroof deflector for love nor money :cry:
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

i had forgotten about my sunroof deflector! i think they are cool!! although i wouldnt go as far as to get the matching window ones!
(sleepy, google mate, loads of places that can supply you with one!!!)

I know its not a citroen thing, but my old 309 Gti 3dr had the levers inbetween the two front seats that opened the rear side windows! Now that IS Cool!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

deflectors for door windows (in a nice smoked polycarbonate of course!)...
For some reason those things are massively popular in France, especially on cars of the BX era. I'm sure I must have seen them over there!

Tacky? Moi?
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I did find some window deflectors on ebay germany, theres a link somewhere on this forum so they are still available, they might be handy in the summer when I have the roofbox on as the sunroof gets too noisy to open then, I have peugeot rubber mats too, they came with my engine :) some nice citroen ones might be nice but I can wait. there might be some loss of light with the lamp protectors, so I gave them a good clean both sides, the Stratford meet might be good for a get together? what is the date of that one?
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I've got door window deflectors in bronze polycarbonate on the ZX - they were there when we bought it. We think it makes it look a real Darby & Joan car - ie just right for the sensibly retired!

Wonderful things really - give a lovely blind spot on an already large pillar and make it impossible to clean the top of the window when quickly washing the car.

What are they supposed to do? My father had them on a Rover 3 litre in the mid 60's and they prevented any ventilation at all when the windows were open but these don't seem to do that. They don't even keep my elbow dry when its raining!

jeremy