Breaking My BX for spares

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
ay0un4

Re: Breaking My BX for spares

Post by ay0un4 »

Hi guys,

I am really sorry for any no replies or lack of communication. Over the past week I come down with Glandular Fever so I am feeling pretty bad, struggling to eat, let alone take the suspension spheres off of a BX!

My point being is that this weekend its arranged to be taken away to scrap. I just wanted to inform you that I was able to take one or two bits off but not as much as I would have hoped to help all you lovely people fix up the little niggles on your BX's..

Because you guys are so kind and I do still secretly love BX's, I want to offer my professional services to you guys. I'm an automotive photographer, and focus mainly on trying to provide unique images of owners cars for their own enjoyment and usage. If you visit http://www.ayphoto.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; you can get a swing of what I do and would love to come photograph some of your BX's (I'm sure I could arrange a similar special offer as I do with the Mini scene)

Let me know, and thank you once again for all your help and support, It was very kind of you all

Andy :)
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Not nice bud, i simpathise, i had it twice in 1984 and 1994. knackered me for 3 months both times, luckily over Christmas. However, not supposed to get it twice but i tested positive both times. Was kissing a lot of girls all through that time though.

Andy
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

I know its a big ask, but would the front height corrector and linkages be avaiable?

thanks,
Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
ay0un4

Post by ay0un4 »

I'm afraid not sorry
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Is there not someone down saaarf who can take the whole car? (a question to the wider BX lot, not you ay0un4 as you've tried Ebay) I'd imagine the scrap folk will just bale the lot, which would be a real shame.
ay0un4

Post by ay0un4 »

It would be more than ideal if someone who was involved with BX's would come and grab it off me. Just swing me £140 and you can take it away
andycadabra
BXpert

Post by andycadabra »

Looks to be in really good nick, better than my black 17TZD on which I'm about to spend 600 quid replacing engine and drive shafts. Are you sure it's not worth repairing? I've recently had quotes for £180 labour for head gasket replacement, but you never know till you open up whether it's the head, or cylinder block. I suppose you've tried K-seal?. Worth a try, I've used loads in desperation on mine but it struggles with diesels because of the higher pressure, but might work fine in your petrol engine.
1992 BX 17TZD 130k
1987 BX 16TRS SORN
ay0un4

Post by ay0un4 »

Its been into a garage, and I fully trust them and they spent a few hours taking it apart and were still very unsure about what was wrong with it. I just have no patience or can't be bothered with it anymore. Ive got enough on my hands, what with becoming ill this week, and 2 weeks ago I bought a little Saxo for a reliable car, and also have a Fast road spec mini thats in my garage, and at 20 I just don't need 3 cars. the saxo is doing more than a suitable job. Its a shame, but like I said, I've offered it up for £140 for several weeks for someone to have and nobody wants it to save.

At the end of the day its a car, just a bit of metal. and too much to worry about for me at the moment
andycadabra
BXpert

Post by andycadabra »

Well if the engine runs, I'd say it was worth a go trying K-seal, but it's up to you. interesting that you describe the car as grey because it looks 'black' to me, like my own.. it must be a really dark grey! if it is black, I could probably find space for it near Croydon, but getting it there would be a problem, and my cars off the road at the moment. I have a red spares BX which was going to donate bumpers that I would have to paint black, but if you're willing to take yours off, and take £40 for them, (possibly the same with the rear nearside door) , I'll come and pick them up within a few weeks - probably not worth your while, but like I said I do have some already!.
1992 BX 17TZD 130k
1987 BX 16TRS SORN
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

it is dark grey, [ the other meteor colour] like Brian BX meteor used to have
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Birotor
BXpert

Post by Birotor »

Sympathies to Andy Id never hear a noise like that as I don't hear high frequencies anyway!
Sorry to hear it HAS gone to scrap as Id have wanted the tail gate key button for converting my J reg estate with central locking to have a separate key only tail gate. This is really an old fad of mine after many years driving on the Continent putting luggage in cars in busy streets full of robbers waiting outside hotels. So back to looking for the bits!
1974 GS Birotor, 1972 GS 1220 FIA Gp 2, 1992 BX 16 TGS, 1951 Velo-Solex, 1953 NSU Max 250, 1972 Honda ST50, Daughter has 1990 BX14 TGE
Previously owned include 1983 BX14RE Leader, Porsche 924, 1972 Porsche 911T, 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 (FIA Group 4), 1974 Porsche Carrera RS 3.0 (FIA Group 4 ex Le Mans), 1969 911 T/R (FIA Group 3 ex Le Mans), 1981 Porsche Group B 3.3 litre World Endurance Championship, 1991 Footwork Arrows Porsche Formula 1 (ex Alboreto & Caffi),
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

Hi Andy
I may be too late now, but have you still got the rear bumper ?
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I know of a dark grey rear bumper for sale but its in Loughborough
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

Thank you Mickey
No that is a bit too far. I would get one if it is not too far away, otherwise I just keep my existing one with a crack.
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.