Rear light for estate?

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Des Smith
1K Away

Re: Rear light for estate?

Post by Des Smith »

citronut wrote:also i would suggest with the car on level ground, engine running, hand brake off, press hard on the brake pedal 3 or 4 times, but dont stamp on the pedal just press very hard,

this will adjust the hand brake mechanism in the front calipers, as long as the levers on the calipers are going fully off with the hand brake released,
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I did this to my St Tropez yesterday and instead of having a handbrake pointing at the sky, it has adopted a far more normal posture. Top man Malcolm! Only sorry to read about your prang. Hope it all shakes out without any aggravation.
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
citronut
Over 2k

Re: Rear light for estate?

Post by citronut »

mat_fenwick wrote:
citronut wrote:the Amber bulbs have off set locating prongs, not directly opposite each other
You can buy them with offset or straight pins if required.

well you learn something every day, trouble is i forget two things every day :shock: :roll: #-o :lol: :wink:

Des Smith wrote:
citronut wrote:also i would suggest with the car on level ground, engine running, hand brake off, press hard on the brake pedal 3 or 4 times, but dont stamp on the pedal just press very hard,

this will adjust the hand brake mechanism in the front calipers, as long as the levers on the calipers are going fully off with the hand brake released,
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I did this to my St Tropez yesterday and instead of having a handbrake pointing at the sky, it has adopted a far more normal posture. Top man Malcolm! Only sorry to read about your prang. Hope it all shakes out without any aggravation.

there Y go proof in the pudding

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)