BX Club at the NEC - Post-event discussion

Anything about BXs
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: BX Club at the NEC - people offered

Post by Dollywobbler »

Not sure we do other than the cars themselves. With more preparation and skills, it might have been fun to have an entire front strut on display somehow. I don't think we need much though. The cars are the draw. Tables are handy for brochures and for us to sit at. If people want to bring models, I'd suggest rear parcel shelves inside the cars on display for security.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

How about a cork board inside the front windscreen for displaying brochures/promotional pics etc. Will the stand have a nearby power socket for brewing up, or is it a case of using the facilities at the NEC?
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

I (courtesy of Paul who loaned originals) am going to scan/copy/laminate a bunch of brochures, Eoin is doing some others - which means people can flick through rather than originals getting dog-eared (although agree it would be nice to display originals securely).

There was a whole bunch of other stuff on the first NEC thread which seems to have been lost sight of as well now we have 3 (or is it 4?) NEC threads.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

..that_

Just spent the last half hour reading it all as I'm now involved.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

mds141 wrote:I'll bring a large/ish camping table and appropriate tablecloth. Do we have anything for static displays?

Shame we dont have any bx seats that can be mounted for people to sit on?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Tim Leech wrote:
mds141 wrote:I'll bring a large/ish camping table and appropriate tablecloth. Do we have anything for static displays?

Shame we dont have any bx seats that can be mounted for people to sit on?
I've got an inflatable Homer Simpson I can bring along!! :)
Mark Smith

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.

Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Not sure about display boards in cars. Might just look a bit naff. I'm hoping to use the 2CV club's boards as in theory, we'll have the reverse sides facing our stand. I'm going to speak to their organiser about it once the AGM has passed this weekend.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Ive got a couple of posters etc plus some Citroen promotional stuff which Shaun Lilly kindly lent us, plus the two BX Club banners and the 30th Anniversary one so hopefully we should be ok.

Would be nice to get some BX seats to sit on though......
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Well, I can possibly bring the Green Tiger's seats, though one base is ripped. They're going to be a bit low though.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Do we have anything to mount them on?
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Let me have a look at what steel I've got lying round - I may be able to knock up a couple of bases to bolt them to using my seats as a pattern.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Your a legend Mike, just think it would be fun for people to test the comfort of the BX for themselves!
hilarystone
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 16V, BX Van 16V, Visa GTI, CX Ambulance Turbo diesel, Xsara VTS Phase 1 and 2, Lotus Elan 1970, Clan Crusader, C8 2l petrol, 1982 GSA Pallas, 1974 GS Birotor

Post by hilarystone »

I can be at the stand on the Friday to help out... And possibly Sunday.
Hilary Stone

http://www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts

1985 Citroen CX Ambulance, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1987 Citroen Visa GTI, 2008 Citroen C8 2l petrol, Citroen BX Van 16V, Clan Crusader, 1970 Lotus Elan, Citroen Xsaras VTS phase1 and Phase 2, Citroen GSA, GS Birotor
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I've started a post advertising our BX club stand on the XM forum, inviting fellow Citroenistas to pop over for a chat. Jim Eastment is visiting on the Sunday.
Mark Smith

Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Final call for people to man the stand. I'm particularly keen to ensure Sunday is well covered as sadly I've got to head back home on the Saturday.

If you can attend, please let me know which days you can definitely do by PM. Please include your address. I have a limited number of parking passes per day, so car sharing would be handy. I can dish those out on the day as you only need the pass to exit the car park, not to enter.

The same goes for those who's cars are on the stand. Let me have your address so I can send out the exhibitor passes or you won't get past security! We're aiming to arrive from 2pm on the Thursday.

Thanks! I'll aim to get all passes out next week. If you suddenly find yourself with time on your hands at short notice, let me know via PM as I can probably meet folk outside the entrance. I suspect we'll have one or two spare tickets.