BX Club at the NEC - Post-event discussion

Anything about BXs
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: BX Club at the NEC - Post-event discussion

Post by Dollywobbler »

Hey, I played a small part in it. It wouldn't have happened with just me. Thanks to ALL who made it happen.
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Dollywobbler wrote:It wouldn't have happened with just me
and probably wouldn't have happened without you. =D>
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Defender110 wrote: and probably wouldn't have happened without you. =D>
..that_

Really hope we can keep the ball rolling and make this an annual thing now Ian has opened the door [-o<
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

..that_ again :D
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
hilarystone
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 16V, BX Van 16V, Visa GTI, CX Ambulance Turbo diesel, Xsara VTS Phase 1 and 2, Lotus Elan 1970, Clan Crusader, C8 2l petrol, 1982 GSA Pallas, 1974 GS Birotor

Post by hilarystone »

Yes most definitely it was a great success due to all the work put in and I think attracted a lot of attention from the public... So without doubt it should become a regular part of our calender.
Hilary Stone

http://www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts

1985 Citroen CX Ambulance, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1987 Citroen Visa GTI, 2008 Citroen C8 2l petrol, Citroen BX Van 16V, Clan Crusader, 1970 Lotus Elan, Citroen Xsaras VTS phase1 and Phase 2, Citroen GSA, GS Birotor
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

hilarystone wrote:Yes most definitely it was a great success due to all the work put in and I think attracted a lot of attention from the public... So without doubt it should become a regular part of our calender.

Quite agree, The Astons, Jaguars and Ferraris are great spectacles, but out of the reach of most, they dont even let you near them on the stands either!, cars like the BX evoke fond memories and was a car most people remember being on "every street", hence why our stand was so busy as people love to reminisce! As the BX gets older and less are around the more people will enjoy it.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

Even if we don't get back into the NEC, I think we should consider other shows. I've noticed that other than the NEC, the only Citroen club that regularly has a presence outside it's own calendar is the Citroen Specials Club, which manages to attend most of the major kit car shows each year. The others seem to prefer their own events as opposed to general shows. With so many 'unknown' BX's coming out of the woodwork, we potentially have a lot to gain by raising the profile of the model at Classic car shows. After all, the more that are kept on the road, the more likely it is that parts will continue to be made for them.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Not a bad shout Mike, and you're ideally placed for the Bristol Classic Car Show which us usually in May.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I have a few contacts there from when the Avon Racing Tortoises used to display there. I've also checked my rota for next year and I'm on a rostered break then, so if there's enough interest I'm willing to organise something. Typically we'd be given space for a 2-3 car stand.

We've missed it this year, but they also do a restoration show there in the autumn, which is much more my sort of thing. Within certain safety limits, they actually encourage you to work on the cars on the stand - over the years I've rewired an AZU, changed kingpins, stripped and rebuilt a 425 engine and even changed a couple of chassis! Basically, if someone in the group had a job needed doing, we did it on the stand. I could see the possibility of us doing sphere changes, repiping, even possibly a cambelt change on such a stand.

I also get sent details of shows in my capacity of Secretary of the V-CC, so will flag up any possibilities that may suit if anyone's interested.
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

Caffiend wrote:
Anyway, the story ...
Great write-up Sandre, and really gives a flavour of the show, and great that the BX was well-represented. I've looked at the ARonline photos and apart from a pre-restoration DS, the 2CVs and our BXs, there no other old citroens on display.
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

I finally got my camera back from Tim today (I'd forget my bloody head if it was loose :shock: ) and so without further ado here's my NEC pics . . .

. . . for a first outing I think that was all about as successful as we could have hoped for. I had a fabulous day, although I was suffering from a bit of 'chrome and polished paintwork fatigue' by Saturday evening and that scruffy floor really did detract from the cars I thought: carpet is definitely the way forward. Apart from that: bloody brilliant. An obligatory thank you to Ian for getting the ball rolling and everyone else for being all round good eggs. =D> I know why don't we do it all again next year? 8)
Mark Dunmore
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Mark Dunmore »

Paul296 wrote: Image
^^spot the CCC and 2CVGB interlopers! And remember, polished bonnets equal cake slip! (was very nice cake btw)
that scruffy floor really did detract from the cars I thought: carpet is definitely the way forward
It really does make a difference, as you would have seen from the 2CVGB stand. It adds a bit of definition, and is a damn sight more comfortable to stand on for several hours! I'm sure someone can blag some from somewhere, but don't pay to hire some from the NEC, as it's ludicrously expensive.
Apart from that: bloody brilliant. An obligatory thank you to Ian for getting the ball rolling and everyone else for being all round good eggs. =D> I know why don't we do it all again next year? 8)
Look forward to seeing you all there again, then! For a first time, you did good! =D>
'92 BX GTi Hurricane - gone to a good home
'90 BX 19TGD estate - goes, but not going anywhere!
'90 BX 19TGD hatch in even more bits...
'71 Dyane project
'74 2CV6 project
'82 2CV6 Club - gone to a good home
the remains of an '88 2CV6 Dolly - watch this space!
...and a '95 VW Passat auto estate!!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

that scruffy floor really did detract from the cars
I thought that floor gave mine a lift! :lol:

Great pics of the celebration in particular =D>
Mike Sims
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

I think in terms of spreading the word about the BXclub, the NEC was a resounding success, judging by the number of guests recently browsing the forum. 14 this morning. :) Here's to a successful bid for 2013. [-o< Thanks to Sandre for submitting our proposal. =D>
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.