looky looky

Anything about BXs
ghaddon1701
BXpert

Re: looky looky

Post by ghaddon1701 »

Yes please :D I always knew a place like this must exist. Citroen/PSA group are not quite as heartless as I thought they were.
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

Citroen never were heartless, but PSA have no soul at all, just like their cars!
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

smiffy1071 wrote:Citroën never were heartless, but PSA have no soul at all, just like their cars!
Well, far be it from me to defend the ruthless bean counters/multinational motor manufacturer that is PSA, but without them Citroen motor cars would no longer exist; they'd have gone to the wall in the mid-seventies ('the wall' incidentally is a place that Citroen motors themselves were quite happy to dump [the illustrious] Panhard when they failed to bring home the bacon). Modern economic realities means that you go with market forces or die. So there you have it; crap cars or no cars (I think that's what they mean by 'creative technologie'! :D )
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

Oh I know this only too well. every time Citroen ever came up with a world beating car, it destroyed the company. Look back at the Traction Avant, brillient car, but it ultimately cost Andre Citroen his life! The DS bankrupted them so they had to sell up to Michelin for a time, the CX again bankrupted them so they sold out Peugeot to create PSA.
PSA have deemed Citroen to be their "tesco value" brand, which they never were before....while they wanted to enhance the image of peugeot, but people with money are not prepared to pay big money for a pug, like they would for a kraut car!