abs sensor

Anything about BXs
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Re: abs sensor

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi would someone be kind enough to put up the measurements of an ABS sensor please, length - diameter etc. I have an idea but need the info. on size. Also I assume that they are a push fit. I am wandering about in the dark a bit because I dont have ABS.
Thanks.
G.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/Ford_ ... nsors.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

reckon any of these would work....?

Need a rear one myself :?
1991 Citroen BX 16v
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

That's a possibility. I've given Geoff one of my spare BX front sensors, so hopefully he'll be able to compare it with something.
I've started trying to remove a rear sensor from a knackered radius arm. I've soaked it in WD40, and left it.
We shall see if that works...
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Smiffy,use plus gas for dismantling shit,its much better than WD
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Gibbo2286
BXpert

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Maybe look at the Chinese companies, such as here http://jabezauto.en.made-in-china.com/p ... ensor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have to buy a set minimum 20 50 100 depending on the company but at 12 US cents a piece it must be a possibility.
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Thanks smiffy 1271 it will be useful, I wont feel bad about operating on it as the core is bent and the plastic housing is also U/S. Hi Gibbo 2286 that is interesting I was going in the same direction but at a price of more like £20 . It will take a bit of time but I will let you know what happens.
G.
1991 BX 1-7 td Auto.

I MAY NOT BE ALWAYS RIGHT BUT I AM
NEVER WRONG.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Rob, those ford cables look half right.

The sensor is made up of two parts, the cable and carrier and the sensor its self. In theory the sensor should just plug into the carrier, but the BX's ones have the sensor and carrier glued together to stop water ingress. In theory if you can separate the carrier from the sensor you could then re use the sensor. Personally i've always found that the cable gets damaged, rather than the sensor (normally because i've done something stupid ;) ).

I was of the belief that the Xantia sensor is the same, but the carrier has a different plug. My plan has always been (once needed) to put a BX connector onto a Xantia carrier/sensor arrangement and the connector is a standard off the shelf part.

I guess it might be worth cross referencing the ecu against other manufacturers? The ecu is made by ATE who rather irritatingly have supplied Ford, VW, BMW, Saab, Mazda to name just a few!
smiffy1071
pies are evil!

Post by smiffy1071 »

The sensors are also made by ATE