WANTED - Original 14" wheel trims for a '92 BX

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Mothman

Re: WANTED - Original 14" wheel trims for a '92 BX

Post by Mothman »

I thought the op showed a picture of TZD trims?

If not, how the hell can you tell they are after market examples from such a picture??

Andy
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

I think the point is that the trim shown in the OP is a bit knackered (although not as knackered as the tyre) and Junkman is after some non-knackered ones.

Alloys are so much easier, no wheeltrim trauma
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

Remind me Sandre. How easy is it to refit your alloys? ;)
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

I just need more practice and better muscles and I'll just be over there ...
1992 Hurricane
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I can see they are knackered but how can you say from the picturs they are not originals?

Come on, let us know???

Andy
Junkman
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Junkman »

May I please bring some structure in the terrible mess this thread became?

1. The car pictured in the OP is not my car. I would not sink a single penny into that heap.

2. My car has three wheelcovers like the one pictured on car in the OP. Mine are similarlily knackered. I would like to get a set of wheelcovers like those together and I don't care whether they are original or aftermarket. This is the actual basic intention of this want-ad.

3. My car is a 1992 TXD. According to what some people here said in a very cryptic way, it is my understanding, that my car does not have its original wheelcovers on it. Is my understanding correct?

4. If 3. is true, what do the original wheelcovers that were on my car from the factory look like?

5. If 4. turn out to look good, I may change my mind and start searching for original TXD wheel covers, however, this is unlikely, because I find the ones I am looking for very applealing, that is the reason why I am looking for them.

6. Please refrain from providing such certainly well meant tips like putting alloys on my car, etc. If I wanted alloys, they would already be on my car and I would not have posted this want-ad.
1992 BX 19 TXD Break

Anyone driving slower than me, is an idiot.
Anyone driving faster than me, is a lunatic.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I think they are knackered TZD wheel trims, ok, but could be replaced with some intact ones.
I feel that they ARE TZD trims and not repros and how can other forum members say that they are not?
I would be interested in their opinions.

Andy
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Junkman wrote:May I please bring some structure in the terrible mess this thread became?
This is NOTHING!

Technical usually stays relatively sensible, but it's anarchy everywhere else. Anarchy.

EDIT: Although we're still talking about wheel trims. On page 2 of a thread that started about wheel trims. That's pretty good going.
1992 Hurricane
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

Caffiend wrote:I just need more practice and better muscles and I'll just be over there ...
Speaking of thread anarchy: You don't need practise or 'better muscles' to refit speedlines. You just jiggle them about, try and squeeze them under the wheel spat, line them up, drop them, swear, repeat the whole process 3 more times (or 5 or 6 more times actually) then eventually - after you've been reduced to a gibbering wreck who needs a cup of tea and a fag - they just go on. And that's just how it is with re-fitting speedlines. :D
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Caffiend wrote:
Junkman wrote:May I please bring some structure in the terrible mess this thread became?
This is NOTHING!

Technical usually stays relatively sensible, but it's anarchy everywhere else. Anarchy.
We're all doomed!!
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Paul296 wrote:Speaking of thread anarchy: You don't need practise or 'better muscles' to refit speedlines. You just jiggle them about, try and squeeze them under the wheel spat, line them up, drop them, swear, repeat the whole process 3 more times (or 5 or 6 more times actually) then eventually - after you've been reduced to a gibbering wreck who needs a cup of tea and a fag - they just go on. And that's just how it is with re-fitting speedlines. :D
You were obviously at the tech weekend in spirit. Except I didn't have a fag, and the lovely artic steel eventually took pity on me when I was being pathetic. What a gent 8)
1992 Hurricane
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

1. The car pictured in the OP is not my car. I would not sink a single penny into that heap.

2. My car has three wheelcovers like the one pictured on car in the OP. Mine are similarlily knackered. I would like to get a set of wheelcovers like those together and I don't care whether they are original or aftermarket. This is the actual basic intention of this want-ad.

3. My car is a 1992 TXD. According to what some people here said in a very cryptic way, it is my understanding, that my car does not have its original wheelcovers on it. Is my understanding correct?

4. If 3. is true, what do the original wheelcovers that were on my car from the factory look like?

5. If 4. turn out to look good, I may change my mind and start searching for original TXD wheel covers, however, this is unlikely, because I find the ones I am looking for very applealing, that is the reason why I am looking for them.

6. Please refrain from providing such certainly well meant tips like putting alloys on my car, etc. If I wanted alloys, they would already be on my car and I would not have posted this want-ad.
The TXD trims (Which are not featured in the selection which I previously posted) which confirms there no better looking than the 'Halfrauds' generic hard rubbish plastic type as already mentioned by 'Dollywobbler', so now its up you to decided what your really after !

Here you go fellow the TXD trims:-

:lol:

Last edited by RxBX on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

:lol: :lol: This thread has made me laugh.

Basically getting hold of wheel trims these days new is liking finding rocking horse poo, especially a set of 4.

So, that leave's you with 2nd hand one's, so they may be in various stages of damage/wear, so good luck with the search. I'm sure over time you may find a matching set which hopefully club members can help you out with.

OT again, i have one 2nd hand number 7, it is availble for purchase for anyone who only has 3 & wants a matching set :wink: :D
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

MULLEY wrote::lol: :lol: This thread has made me laugh.

Basically getting hold of wheel trims these days new is liking finding rocking horse poo, especially a set of 4.

So, that leave's you with 2nd hand one's, so they may be in various stages of damage/wear, so good luck with the search. I'm sure over time you may find a matching set which hopefully club members can help you out with.

OT again, i have one 2nd hand number 7, it is available for purchase for anyone who only has 3 & wants a matching set :wink: :D
Mat, does it come with a rear trim-ring carrier and if so how many beer tokens are you looking for it ?

:)

Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Well said Matthew.

Andy