NEC 2013 - (15-18 Nov) - be afraid, be very afraid

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Re: NEC 2013 - (15-18 Nov) - be afraid, be very afraid

Post by Caffiend »

No, checked with Ian a couple weeks back and he said that he heard on about 15 May last year. I am planning to chase next week ...
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
1991 TZD hatch (Triton Green)
1992 Hurricane
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Just to keep everyone who is interested posted:

I did chase "next week" which is now the week before last (confused? You will be). I got an e-mail back saying that stand allocations are being sorted and we should hear in the next 2-3 weeks. An optimistic reading of the way the response was worded is that we will get a stand, just not sure whether it would be for the 5 cars we asked for or have a power supply (also requested). The (probably real) meaning is that they genuinely haven't decided even which clubs will get stands yet, let alone where/what facilities.
1992 Hurricane
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I didn't bother with power last year. Even if you do, it's not always up to kettle duty apparently. Stand positioning is very much luck of the draw. I think larger clubs can request a revision, but I doubt we could! CCC were very unlucky last year.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

A further update received today: we should hear by 7 June latest. More info below to get the, um, creative juices flowing (just the creative ones kthx) - note change of sponsor, interesting ...

"In the meantime, we are delighted to announce that this year's show theme is… 'Classics Reunited'.

How you choose to interpret this year’s theme is up to you but there is plenty of scope to unearth some really interesting stories. In previous shows we have discovered enthusiasts who have been thrilled to be reunited with their original cars after several years and new owners.

Most of us remember our first car and wonder what happened to it. Maybe through your displays, owners can find out. But it’s not only about reuniting owners with their first cars. How about ‘the one that got away’? Most enthusiasts will have a marque they wished they had never let go, or maybe circumstances meant they had to sell. Where are those vehicles now and given the chance, would you buy it back?”

There are also other ways to interpret the ‘Reunited’ theme - how about reuniting a famous or well– known racing car with the driver and team that took it to victory or reuniting the designers and workforce that created your marque in the first place. How about those cars that have been reunited with their original parts that are unveiled at the show?

The one thing the show definitely does is reunite old friends and help the clubs make new ones. We hope you can help us embrace the theme and can’t wait to see what stories come to light.

We're also celebrating at this year's show for two reasons - this is the 30th Classic Motor Show, with the first event held at the NEC in 1984 and we have a brand new headline sponsor in Lancaster Insurance Services."
1992 Hurricane
Paul296
Over 2k
My Cars: Citroen BX 17 TZD Hurricane
Citroen BX 17 TGD

Post by Paul296 »

'Classics reunited'!? I think the only way most of us lot are going to be 'reunited' with our old 'classics' is if we buy a Beko washing machine!
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I dunno, with the number of 2nd hand parts going into keeping Timex on the road, in a few years time most of the members here could probably claim to have once owned a part of that car!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Paul296 wrote:'Classics reunited'!? I think the only way most of us lot are going to be 'reunited' with our old 'classics' is if we buy a Beko washing machine!
The ones that have a nasty habit of self combusting?!!
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Caffiend
Reluctant BXpert

Post by Caffiend »

Hold your hats folks, we have been successful, and a new thread will be started imminently for the actual proposals of vehicles and planning - as opposed to this one which has been mostly speculation and impatient tapping of fingers.
1992 Hurricane