Breaking 1991 BX 19TZD Non Turbo Hatch (The Red Shed)

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
electrokid
1K Away

Re: Breaking 1991 BX 19TZD Non Turbo Hatch (The Red Shed)

Post by electrokid »

Yes - thanks for that - sounds hopeful. I'm already chatting with Tim re other bits I have my eye on. It's more likely the logistics that will be a problem - removal / getting it from Skegness to Woking / finding someone here to swap it over. The guy who usually does the work on my BX doesn't have any workshop time until the new year :(
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
George

Post by George »

hay guys, yea its quite devastating the accident not been feeling to great these past 2 weeks :cry:

Tim has been a Massive help flogging parts, but i though i'd best say that if no one wants anymore im planning to call the scarp man to collect it next week as its my parents are not pleased about it sitting on there driveway. so it has to go soon

i would gladly let some one take the BX away for £150 as thats what the scrap man is giving me, as the engine and gearbox are brilliant, plus alot of the panel are rust free. although the boot floor isnt.

George
1991 Citroen BX 19 TZD 130,000
1988 Citroen 2cv 126,000
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Post by Dollywobbler »

I've dropped a line to someone who might be interested in taking the whole car to break for parts. I'll let you know if they're interested.
George

Post by George »

Dollywobbler wrote:I've dropped a line to someone who might be interested in taking the whole car to break for parts. I'll let you know if they're interested.

cheers Ian i hope they reply soon, as im holding the parents back as much as i can but im not sure how long i can take the moaning.
1991 Citroen BX 19 TZD 130,000
1988 Citroen 2cv 126,000
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Hi Tim,

Still after the bonnet if available.

Mike
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

Tim Leech wrote:Sadly the "Red Shed" has reached the end of the road, an altercation with a ditch and some black ice have left it beyond economical repair (nsf corner took the brunt of it and the subframe and steering is bent aswell as the newly welded front panel) :cry: .

Thankfully George and his other half were unhurt asides a very dented pride so if anyone needs any parts please let me know as George isnt much of a forum user plus is understandably a little upset about it all.

You may remember since I purchased the car last Sept I fitted new clutch, cambelt, tensioner and waterpump, rear arm bearing, rear spheres, complete new exhaust (front to back).

The grey Zenith interior is already taken (by me) as will a few other trim parts.

Current mileage is 130k, but had lots of history including headgasket replacement.

It cant hang around too long so any bits you need then please get in touch.

As its late model it has remote locking (no rear 1/4 windows) two tone bumper (rear), etc.
Tim Leech wrote:Time is off the essence chaps, ive yet to get a confirmation on bonnet and sunroof yet, and I wont have chance to go up again after Sunday again, plus unless payment is received PRIOR to then I wont be removing/carting the bits back sorry.
Dollywobbler wrote:I've dropped a line to someone who might be interested in taking the whole car to break for parts. I'll let you know if they're interested.
George wrote:hay guys, yea its quite devastating the accident not been feeling to great these past 2 weeks :cry:

Tim has been a Massive help flogging parts, but i though i'd best say that if no one wants anymore im planning to call the scarp man to collect it next week as its my parents are not pleased about it sitting on there driveway. so it has to go soon

i would gladly let some one take the BX away for £150 as thats what the scrap man is giving me, as the engine and gearbox are brilliant, plus alot of the panel are rust free. although the boot floor isnt.

George
Ian,
The WHOLE vehicle surely isn't available as Tim been helping George to host/sell/earmark (And already possibly taken monies off folk, the way this thread has developed) unless I've missed something and therefore not deciphered the thread correctly :?

Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

If someone wants to buy whats left then great but its worth far more to George in bits than a whole, and sadly isnt going to see the road again.

After Sunday it will have no interior, bonnet, sunroof plus a whole host of other bits removed as agreed.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Mike E (uk) wrote:Hi Tim,

Still after the bonnet if available.

Mike

Ok mike someone did raise there hand first but hasnt contacted me to confirm, i will remove it just incase.
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

Hi George, et all,

Dollywobbler kindly pointed me this way.

Firstly I'm very sorry to hear of your misfortune George, I had a similar off a few years ago but had the unfortunate luck to end up with the car on it's roof after what can only be described as a "lazy roll".

Anyway I digress, I'd be more than happy to store/ strip the car for you as I am only in Spilsby, I suspect I can get it transported fairly cheaply, if we can whip another wheel on so she'll roll a little more easily then movement shouldn't be an Issue.

Tim; I'm not sure what you have arranged with George, perhaps you or he could pm me with the details, ie is the £150 what is wanted for the car "as is" or after you have removed the items listed?

I'd be happy to do the same for George as I did for Paul when his Bx succumbed to suspension pipe failure and break the car up, passing the profits back your way?

Cheers

Tim
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Tim

Thats a very kind offer, there will be some parts removed though, (interior, bonnet, clock tray, speedo cable, washer bottles, rubbing strips, sunroof panel, spare wheel carrier, plus quite a few small parts).

Ive spoken to George (he's off collecting his new car today) and he would be very happy for you to have the remains and make use of them instead of it being flatpacked! (you can chat to him about price) it will start, pump up and drive/roll but the alloys are being removed and steelies put back on.

If that is ok with you then please let me know?.

Thanks
ruffgeezer
Confirmed BX'er

Post by ruffgeezer »

That's quite a list!

Perhaps I should clarify though, I personally have no use for the car or it's parts, I was hoping to either remove it whole and see if it is at all feasible or break it on George's behalf as I did with Paul's (I still have the lights from that if you want to take them Sunday if you are passing?).

The only issue would be moving it if it is already missing some major parts :)
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

ruffgeezer wrote:That's quite a list!

Perhaps I should clarify though, I personally have no use for the car or it's parts, I was hoping to either remove it whole and see if it is at all feasible or break it on George's behalf as I did with Paul's (I still have the lights from that if you want to take them Sunday if you are passing?).

The only issue would be moving it if it is already missing some major parts :)

It will be moveable Tim, nothing I will remove should stop it being driveable, except the lack of a seat of course :lol:

PM Sent anyway.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

Any requirements need to be sent to bxtim@citroencarclub.org.uk by the end of play today, those who havent confirmed on parts please do so today or you may miss the boat.
Tim Leech
Over 2k

Post by Tim Leech »

All parts bar the bonnet collected today, the car amazingly still runs, raises and moves albeit slowky as its very bent underneath, subframe front leg and driveshaft are all mangled. Car will be scrapped this week, george will remove glovebox door seals and rear lamps and bumper for future sale .
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Bye bye red shed. Fond memories on the Citroen Classic Challenge. Gone but not forgotten!! :(
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.