BLUE BX wanted.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: BLUE BX wanted.

Post by Tim Leech »

That raised a few points, I have to admit its lack of time more than space, in an ideal world I would have 100 BX's and all the time to tinker with them. Im 40 next year (yes I know I dont look it) and working 50+ hours a week takes it out of me, plus there are other people to consider.

WTF is in stunning condition, but is a 1.6 carb petrol (albeit with a manual choke), has done 45k miles with a full history so when it comes to move it on I guess the market will be limited but it will be to a BX/CCC club member only.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
CGATCX25GTITURBO
BXpert

Post by CGATCX25GTITURBO »

Tim Leech wrote:That raised a few points, I have to admit its lack of time more than space, in an ideal world I would have 100 BX's and all the time to tinker with them. Im 40 next year (yes I know I dont look it) and working 50+ hours a week takes it out of me, plus there are other people to consider.

WTF is in stunning condition, but is a 1.6 carb petrol (albeit with a manual choke), has done 45k miles with a full history so when it comes to move it on I guess the market will be limited but it will be to a BX/CCC club member only.
Tim, you're where I was ten years ago, and that time flies by.

I would have to hold interviews, after the paper sift, before I sold my CX to anyone... I would sell, no... GIVE the wife away first.. only kidding if your reading this love :)
missing my 1992 BX19TGD
1987 BX19 GTI 8)
CX25 GTI TURBO CGAT 86 CGAT :twisted:
19TD temp 2 Xantia estate :)
600 Bandit 97 :)
ZX12R 00 :evil:
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

CGATCX25GTITURBO wrote: I would have to hold interviews, after the paper sift, before I sold my CX to anyone... I would sell, no... GIVE the wife away first.. only kidding if your reading this love :)

I have a Rover SD1 ive owned since 1997, which isnt going anywhere, nor is my late father Xantia or the BX TZi which took me 4 years to find, but 6 cars is a little excessive.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

I've got five at the moment that's bad enough
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

edmundhill685 wrote:

It lives next to a Red BX :)
Red BXs are growing on me now!

More pics of red BXs Needed! If I could work out how on earth you upload pics, I would upload a couple of the red bx I'm talking about for you guys.

There ya go, though the 16v looks a bit different to regular BXs so maybe not a good comparison.

I like red BXs, but then I like red cars. Red in general in fact! There's a sense of accomplishment when it's not all pink and faded.

It's the wrong colour for me, because I enjoy driving the cars not polishing them. I should really have metallic grey....oh wait I have that too! But I know which one looks better when they're all cleaned and polished.

Olympic blue does look good. Hurricanes look quite good too, and I like those 'platinum' type colours. For a regular BX the metallics seem to work, but on 16v (ph2 models anyway) I like it simple...red, white or black.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
RxBX
Over 2k

Post by RxBX »

RxBX wrote:You obviously missed this DIESEL model which was only for sale/sold less than a fortnight ago, albeit an Auto !

8)
edmundhill685 wrote: Yes, I missed that. Oops. I would've bid on that. Let me know if in the future you ever want to sell your blue one, if you found yourself the perfect silver one :)

Show's there's some still around though!
Edmund, Its been re-listed if you look at my original post !
Also there's no need to bid for it, as its a 'BIN' or make an offer but you may risk loosing it if someone hits the 'BIN' button :wink:

Good luck with it if you get it !

:D

edmundhill685
Confirmed BX'er

Post by edmundhill685 »

RxBX wrote: Edmund, Its been re-listed if you look at my original post !
Also there's no need to bid for it, as its a 'BIN' or make an offer but you may risk loosing it if someone hits the 'BIN' button :wink:

Good luck with it if you get it !

:D

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately it looks like I'm doomed to be without a BX for a while. Ran an insurance quote between that BX and remembered why I usually stick to the 14s. It came out £600 a year more expensive than my current car. Which is fine, so long as I miss then rent for a month or so....
Ami 6 proving to be the most practical classic on the face of the earth as usual again unfortunately.

Gutted.
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Why not get a 1400 petrol?
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
CGATCX25GTITURBO
BXpert

Post by CGATCX25GTITURBO »

MULLEY wrote:Why not get a 1400 petrol?
or a RED one :) mine was 88 quid to insure
missing my 1992 BX19TGD
1987 BX19 GTI 8)
CX25 GTI TURBO CGAT 86 CGAT :twisted:
19TD temp 2 Xantia estate :)
600 Bandit 97 :)
ZX12R 00 :evil: