Rear numberplate blazer for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Des Smith
1K Away

Re: Rear numberplate blazer for sale

Post by Des Smith »

Can anyone explain what this excitement with tailblazers is all about? I don't understand! Fifty notes for a bit of coloured plastic that covers up the only decent place to stick your GB sticker. Especially perplexing when there's such a lot of chat about whether whole cars are over-priced. I would bring up splitters as symptomatic of the same obsession, but I don't want to upset everyone all at once...
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

It's that rare accessory thing - It's very difficult to find an undamaged tailblazer as they tend to get cracked when opening and closing the tailgate if you're not careful, and many (including myself) think they neaten up the rear of the car.

Other popular accessories are the sunroof wind deflector (not my cup of tea, whatever the benefit), headlamp protectors (anyone got a spare set of Mk1 ones?) and the doors that fit over the holes above the rear arches in the boot.

As far as all the above are concerned, they all pale into insignificance compared to what I consider the ultimate accessory for the BX estate owner - the Citroen wind surf board and sail!
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
edmundhill685
Confirmed BX'er

Post by edmundhill685 »

Des Smith wrote:Can anyone explain what this excitement with tailblazers is all about? I don't understand!
I took mine off as i thought it made the BX look like an old rover! Not cool! I like the sharp overhang of the boot, and the flat edges etc. especially in case were the bit the numberplate is on is painted black. Retro look. That is cool. Wait, no, stop putting off my customers!

The spoiler thing does make the car look a bit boy-racery too, which I think isn't cool at all.

Then again it does make sense as when the car get's to 100 or so mph (not that there would be a circumstance where that would really ever arise), it starts to take off, and it suddenly becomes not all that easy to keep it within the lines of the outside lane anymore. Then you wish you had one.
Last edited by edmundhill685 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

citsncycles wrote:It's that rare accessory thing - It's very difficult to find an undamaged tailblazer as they tend to get cracked when opening and closing the tailgate if you're not careful
Y'see, that's what I mean! It's rare, nice to look at but totally unfunctional and easy to break. I see a potential niche market for some enterprising plastics manufacturer who can make an equally fragile trailblazer replica with a side business supplying tailgate struts.

I suspect this was a bit of a fad in the late 80s for full-width rear lights and reflectors. From memory, my Renault 11 1.7TXE had a reflector strip across the base of the hatch. Renault dropped the number plate recess below the bumper to accommodate the facelift some perhaps the tailblazer was a riposte from Citroen?

...and still unsure where a tailblazer owner should put their GB sticker?
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
edmundhill685
Confirmed BX'er

Post by edmundhill685 »

Des Smith wrote:...and still unsure where a tailblazer owner should put their GB sticker?
learnt you cant use magnetic ones the hard way....
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Des Smith wrote:Can anyone explain what this excitement with tailblazers is all about? .
Nope, I don't understand it either, they look cr-p!
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Other popular accessories are the sunroof wind deflector (not my cup of tea, whatever the benefit), headlamp protectors (anyone got a spare set of Mk1 ones?)

Guess what Mike? I have but ime thinking of putting them on Gloria. Sophie already has a set. However, Gloria has a sunroof............

Andy
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

You've all forgotten the holy frail.

The rear window Louvre.
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
saintjamesy89
Over 2k
My Cars: 1985 Citroen BX19 GT
198x Citroen BX16 TRS auto
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
1991 Saab 900 16v convertible
2007 Lexus RX 400h SE

Post by saintjamesy89 »

Mickey taker wrote:You've all forgotten the holy frail.

The rear window Louvre.
I really like those! They have to be on the correct car though, S1 Rover SD1's, CX's, BX's, old Porsche etc. Not keen on the sunroof deflector, especially when they make you sunroof rust off... Tailblazers are good on the right BX, a TG/Rx spec suits them, and so would a white/grey GTI/16v.
I'm not a Saint, or a James, but a Tom Saint-James!

Mes voitures:
1985 Citroen BX19 GT
1988 Volvo 740 2.0 GL Hearse
2006 Lexus RX 400h SE hybrid
Birotor
BXpert

Post by Birotor »

I TRIED TO SEND A PM last night! ANYWAY Bugger the useless system! Please ring me on 01225722681 or e-mail me on eoinsloan@aol.com NOT MY FAULT YOU DIDN'T GET THE PM and I hate my business being up for public discussion.... I made you an offer - you seemed happy and I am sincerely disinterested in other w*****s likes and dislikes. I liked them in period END OF!
1974 GS Birotor, 1972 GS 1220 FIA Gp 2, 1992 BX 16 TGS, 1951 Velo-Solex, 1953 NSU Max 250, 1972 Honda ST50, Daughter has 1990 BX14 TGE
Previously owned include 1983 BX14RE Leader, Porsche 924, 1972 Porsche 911T, 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 (FIA Group 4), 1974 Porsche Carrera RS 3.0 (FIA Group 4 ex Le Mans), 1969 911 T/R (FIA Group 3 ex Le Mans), 1981 Porsche Group B 3.3 litre World Endurance Championship, 1991 Footwork Arrows Porsche Formula 1 (ex Alboreto & Caffi),
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Birotor wrote:I TRIED TO SEND A PM last night! ANYWAY Bugger the useless system! Please ring me on 01225722681 or e-mail me on eoinsloan@aol.com NOT MY FAULT YOU DIDN'T GET THE PM and I hate my business being up for public discussion.... I made you an offer - you seemed happy and I am sincerely disinterested in other w*****s likes and dislikes. I liked them in period END OF!
OY!!! Comments like this aint needed on the forum, we are all friends together an not wankers as you seem to think.
I thought you were worth listening to but you have gone down to zero in my opinion.
And YOU made your feelings felt on PUBLIC forum by makeing the original offer so dont complain!! Suggest you get off your high horse and come down to earth with the rest of us.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

As far as I can tell it's a done deal - a fair price was offered and accepted. Meaning the thread is free to carry off at a tangent about personal opinions about other related accessories, which I will take responsibility for as I brought them up in the first place.

What is not required are personal insults, which will only serve to inflame the situation. If you have a problem sending PMs, please send me an email and I will look into it.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Defender110 wrote:
Des Smith wrote:Can anyone explain what this excitement with tailblazers is all about? .
Nope, I don't understand it either, they look cr-p!
+2 :lol:

Really don't get it. Just because something's rare, doesn't mean it's good!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Birotor wrote:I TRIED TO SEND A PM last night! ANYWAY Bugger the useless system! Please ring me on 01225722681 or e-mail me on eoinsloan@aol.com NOT MY FAULT YOU DIDN'T GET THE PM and I hate my business being up for public discussion.... I made you an offer - you seemed happy and I am sincerely disinterested in other w*****s likes and dislikes. I liked them in period END OF!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

Mothman wrote:OY!!! Comments like this aint needed on the forum, we are all friends together an not wankers as you seem to think.
I thought you were worth listening to but you have gone down to zero in my opinion.
Hear, Hear! =D>
Mickey taker wrote:You've all forgotten the holy frail.

The rear window Louvre.
Don't mention the rear window louvre! You might upset someone! I mentioned the tailblazer and I thought I got away with it by not mentioning the splitter as well, but it looks like I was wrong.

Anyway Mick, surprised you didn't take the bait....
edmundhill685 wrote:learnt you cant use magnetic ones the hard way....
Nope. I have a vintage SeaFrance GB sticker in just the right place, thanks! Here's a piccy of my St Tropez's back end for guidance!

Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987