Rear numberplate blazer for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Dollywobbler
Over 2k

Re: Rear numberplate blazer for sale

Post by Dollywobbler »

I'm not keen on most accessories to be honest, though I'd be interested to try window deflectors, especially on the estate where opening a sunroof isn't an option.

The tailblazer is one I don't mind so much, though I'd never spend money on one. They were indeed all the rage. Vauxhall Cavalier Mk2 got one from the factory for its facelift and the Saab 9000 famously had one in all rear lamp colours (they sadly fade horribly!).
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

I quite like them, but i'm not desperate to purchase one at those sort's of prices, if i can pick one up cheap i'll ave it :)
2002 C5 2.0 HDI Estate - Jasmine - Now SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - My daily
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired.
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

I'm not just a username, i'm also called Matthew.
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

I reccon the headlight protectors are a pretty good accessory. I have had headlights holed in the past. However, for what they are thay can be expensive these days.
Wouldnt bother with a tailblazer though, dont think they would work too well on the lines of a MK 1 and i dont have any MK 2 saloons. Could try some Carlos Fandango wheels though.........

Andy
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Dollywobbler wrote:I'm not keen on most accessories to be honest, though I'd be interested to try window deflectors, especially on the estate where opening a sunroof isn't an option.
I've seen a few estates with after market sunroofs. the little pop up jobs. Anythings possible with a tin opener and some sikaflex!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Wind deflectors are pretty good in my opinion, great for use on motorways on hot summer days.But again, for what they are, quite pricey and you almost never come across them 2nd hand.
My TXD came with a shitty little after market sunroof. Never use it in case it starts to leak. It to is the 'pop up' type and makes a noise due to vibration when open so best left alone. At least it lets in a bit more light i suppose which is all its good for.

Andy
Birotor
BXpert

Post by Birotor »

Sorry that Mothman was offended... maybe the word used was ill advised but it was used famously in the TV series ARK ROYAL by the Padre and didn't cause any offence.. However it is withdrawn...
1974 GS Birotor, 1972 GS 1220 FIA Gp 2, 1992 BX 16 TGS, 1951 Velo-Solex, 1953 NSU Max 250, 1972 Honda ST50, Daughter has 1990 BX14 TGE
Previously owned include 1983 BX14RE Leader, Porsche 924, 1972 Porsche 911T, 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 (FIA Group 4), 1974 Porsche Carrera RS 3.0 (FIA Group 4 ex Le Mans), 1969 911 T/R (FIA Group 3 ex Le Mans), 1981 Porsche Group B 3.3 litre World Endurance Championship, 1991 Footwork Arrows Porsche Formula 1 (ex Alboreto & Caffi),
Des Smith
1K Away

Post by Des Smith »

Mothman wrote:My TXD came with a shitty little after market sunroof. Never use it in case it starts to leak. It to is the 'pop up' type and makes a noise due to vibration when open so best left alone. At least it lets in a bit more light i suppose which is all its good for.
My St Tropez has what appears to be an aftermarket manual tilt-only sunroof. I' assume it was a dealer-supplied accessory as it was identical to the one I had in my old R11 TXE, complete with fiddly red and green catches and impossible for the driver to open or close on the move without risking an accident. What I can say is that it doesn't leak (unlike many of the factory-fitted items) and isn't particularly noisy. It is located quite a long way back in the roof though.

Andy, you are right about the main function, which is to let in the light; it gives more of a sense of space in the car, and for that alone is worth having.
BX14TE St Tropez 1990 - now sold
Xsara Forte 1.4i 2000
Kawasaki GPz550A4 1987
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Des

All ST Tropez cars had the glass pop up roof afaik, I imagine they were retro fitted by Citroen/dealer before delivery. Its one of the Features that distinguish it from the standard 14E.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
edmundhill685
Confirmed BX'er

Post by edmundhill685 »

Oo er, i never meant to upset the apple cart here. This all seems rather daft since what one person perceives attractive and worth buying, another may not. If it weren't for that fact then no one would be around to keep BXs going anyway. We all believe they are wonderful and worth what we spend. But we are the minority. The rest of the world condemned them to plastic french old tat. I have every.respect for peoples wonderful unusual tastes, and that is why the tail blazer is for sale, someone will want it. It's a shame not everyone shares the same view, as parts for my Ami 6 might be easier to come by. We did have a gentlemans agreement yes. You would be the buyer, unless you lost interest, and other people were interested. Just in terested to see how much it's really worth as much for your benefit as mine.
Ian wrote an article recently about how the French car clubs are refreshingly unopinionated in their view on their and others cars. Think all should re read this . Maybe Ian could post it here?
citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I reccon the headlight protectors are a pretty good accessory. I have had headlights holed in the past. However, for what they are thay can be expensive these days.
Wouldnt bother with a tailblazer though, dont think they would work too well on the lines of a MK 1 and i dont have any MK 2 saloons. Could try some Carlos Fandango wheels though.........
I've had a couple of headlights damaged over the years, which is why I have a spare set of lenses for the GS and would like some protectors for Timex. I had a set on the 1st BX I had, although the wrap round bit that covers the indicators on the Mk2's had broken off one of them. Now there's a thought...

Incidentally the tailblazer in my 1985 Accessoire catalogue is a flat panel in red with black edging and a black 'BX' logo in the centre, although I don't know where they expected you to fit the number plate afterwards without covering the logo up!

I had an all red tailblazer on the 14, which looked good against the delage red paintwork.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
Mickey taker
Over 2k

Post by Mickey taker »

Funny how accesories can be so desirable or not ,
I would think some are more appropriate to show cars
at least you dont have to argue about snow caps like the volvo 340 boys

but they do have cavity covers

but one of the rarest items for the 300 series was this "taxi meter"

by using sensors taped to the propshaft they would work out things like mpg , distance travelled etc.
they change hands for well in excess of £100.00
1991 BX Meteor 1.6

light travels faster than sound, thats why you look intelligent and then you spoil it all by opening your mouth !!!!!
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Mothman wrote:
Birotor wrote:I TRIED TO SEND A PM last night! ANYWAY Bugger the useless system! Please ring me on 01225722681 or e-mail me on eoinsloan@aol.com NOT MY FAULT YOU DIDN'T GET THE PM and I hate my business being up for public discussion.... I made you an offer - you seemed happy and I am sincerely disinterested in other w*****s likes and dislikes. I liked them in period END OF!
[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

OY!!! Comments like this aint needed on the forum, we are all friends together an not wankers as you seem to think.
I thought you were worth listening to but you have gone down to zero in my opinion.
And YOU made your feelings felt on PUBLIC forum by makeing the original offer so dont complain!! Suggest you get off your high horse and come down to earth with the rest of us.

/\ as that saved me aload of typing Andy! =D>
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Birotor
BXpert

Post by Birotor »

The offending word was duly withdrawn. I have PM'd the seller again for his contact details and the PM is confirmed as sent. I have always liked two of the the Accessoiries since I had a 14RE in the 80's. This saga was started by my thinking it would look nice on my daughter's White Phase 2 14TGE..... The other I liked, my Map Light, came from Ebay.fr without any angst.
1974 GS Birotor, 1972 GS 1220 FIA Gp 2, 1992 BX 16 TGS, 1951 Velo-Solex, 1953 NSU Max 250, 1972 Honda ST50, Daughter has 1990 BX14 TGE
Previously owned include 1983 BX14RE Leader, Porsche 924, 1972 Porsche 911T, 1973 Porsche Carrera RS 2.7 (FIA Group 4), 1974 Porsche Carrera RS 3.0 (FIA Group 4 ex Le Mans), 1969 911 T/R (FIA Group 3 ex Le Mans), 1981 Porsche Group B 3.3 litre World Endurance Championship, 1991 Footwork Arrows Porsche Formula 1 (ex Alboreto & Caffi),
edmundhill685
Confirmed BX'er

Post by edmundhill685 »

Birotor wrote:I have PM'd the seller again for his contact details and the PM is confirmed as sent.
This has been replied to, thought I should say so here too, in case the messaging system really is that unreliable...
Mothman

Post by Mothman »

Any problem with the messaging service is usually your own fault or nearly always in that either your in or out boxes are full and its up to you to empty them. I worked this out easy enough without temper tantrums and finding out how far the dummy can be spat, although it was more obvious how to delete messages under the old system. Once you have sorted this its easy. :lol:

Anyway, another good accessory are the door handle guards that stick under the door handles.[Did i mean forkandles??] Certainly smarten the motor up a bit and geting pretty rare these days.

Andy