1.7td gearbox

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
citsncycles
Over 2k

Re: 1.7td gearbox

Post by citsncycles »

Busy catching up after a weekend away, so I'm just getting to this now.

Mat - it is possible for a BE1 box to be mated to a round port engine, as the engine changed before the gearbox (87 or 88 for the engine, and late 89 for the box I believe). If it is a BE1 box I'm still interested (I seem to be collecting them at the moment!). Best way I know of telling which is which is to look at the end cover - if there's a level plug then it's a BE3, but if all the bolts are the same then it's a BE1.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!
monkeyfeet
Confirmed BX'er

Post by monkeyfeet »

Hopefully some pics might help:

citsncycles
Over 2k

Post by citsncycles »

I'm happy to be corrected but that looks like a BE3 box to me, as I can't see a filler plug in the upper picture - when it's in the car it's at the front of the box under the bonnet on a BE1, which I think I would see here. On the BE3 it was replaced by a filler / level plug on the end of the box, accessible from the wheel arch, and out of sight on both the pics above.

Unfortunately, it doesn't fit anything I have.
Mike Sims
BX 19RD Estate Mk1 - Timex!
BX 4X4 Estate - Oh god, I've done it again!
BX 17RD MK1 - it called to me!
BX14 TGE, - SOLD
XM Turbo SD,GS Club Estate,Visa 17D Leader,HY Pickup,Dyane Nomad,Dyane 6,2CV AZL,Falcon S,Trabant P50,3x Land Rovers (88" series 1,109" series 2a FFR,series 2a Marshall ambulance),DKW F7, Lambretta LD150 x 1.5,Mobylette SP93,Ural Cossack,Ural M63,CZ 250 Sport,Honda Varadero 125,lots of bicycles & tricycles including (but not only) Sunbeams,Higgins & Bates!