Scrof's 1989 GTi 16v - G-VOT

A place for us to show off our cars in all their glory. Please keep picture sizes to about 800x600 pixels.
mat_fenwick

Re: Scrof's 1989 GTi 16v - G-VOT

Post by mat_fenwick »

Scrof wrote:What sort of condition are your wheels/tyres in?
Wheels - not bad, no kerbing damage but a few scrapes from clip on wheel weights which were put on against my instructions :(

Tyres - either brand new or borderline legal, depending on timescale! Still not sure what would look best TBH so might try and mock something up in Photoshop. Will let you know...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

mat_fenwick wrote:
Scrof wrote:What sort of condition are your wheels/tyres in?
Wheels - not bad, no kerbing damage but a few scrapes from clip on wheel weights which were put on against my instructions :(

Tyres - either brand new or borderline legal, depending on timescale! Still not sure what would look best TBH so might try and mock something up in Photoshop. Will let you know...
Ph2 wheels really work on an estate in my opinion as the dark centres match with the dark areas around the windows etc. Only took em off the estate as the 6j's rub depending on tyres, so now have some 5.5j GTi jobbies.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Hmmm, I'm torn. On one hand the P2 wheels were the ones I originally wanted, not even realising that there was a different 6J wheel so I was slightly surprised when I went to collect. But after several years I think I prefer the look of the P1 wheels! I've teased out the wings slightly so clearance isn't an issue, although it does highlight the surprising differences between tyres of the same nominal size.

Rather than clutter up Scrof's thread with pictures of my car (sorry :oops: ) I've put a couple of photos here.

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Is our arrangement off now Kitch?
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

BX Bandit wrote:Is our arrangement off now Kitch?
I didn't realise it was 'on' :lol: I thought it was just a possible avenue that might be available if you decided to swap wheels on one of your cars (though I never quite followed exactly what your plan was!)

If you do want ph2 wheels I'm going to have loads for sale soon, and I was only looking for a set of ph1's for Alex. Nothing's been agreed with anyone else and being that Alex is now on here I'm not involving myself any more other than to say I think Mat's estate looks sleeker with the ph2 wheels on :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
BX Bandit
Backslash Bandit
My Cars: Cars

Post by BX Bandit »

Kitch wrote:
BX Bandit wrote:Is our arrangement off now Kitch?
I didn't realise it was 'on' :lol: I thought it was just a possible avenue that might be available if you decided to swap wheels on one of your cars (though I never quite followed exactly what your plan was!)
Well, sort of on, as in I was meant to make a decision and let you know. I was wanting to have my TGD finished and try one side in ph 1 alloys and the other in ph 2 alloys to see which I prefer, rather like wot Matt has done. I suspect I'd prefer the ph2 ones.

I'll wait to see what Alex wants to do, I don't want to tread on anyone's toes but the possibility of a swap has not been far from my thoughts since we discussed it a while back.
1990 BX 16V Platinum Grey
1990 BX TGD White
1960 Morris Minor Clarondon Grey
1971 Triumph 2000 Auto Valencia Blue