Y front return pipe

BX Tech talk
citronut
Over 2k

Re: Y front return pipe

Post by citronut »

Way2go wrote:
Thread Bear wrote: 'Well done Wilson (citronut). I was waiting for someone to spot that one'. :lol:
Trying to read a tiny version of a parts list. Clearly failing to read a tiny parts list. Lucky I thought to check. :)
Is this metal pipe now available again! This was listed as NFP from the stealer when I tried to get one to pass the MOT about 4 years ago and there was no stock showing on the Citroen parts computer for the whole country. :? A kind forum member came to my rescue who I thank again. :D
nop still showing as NFP

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)
KevR
1K Away
My Cars: It's all in my signature

Post by KevR »

I bought genuine Cit return pipes from here recently. Same price as Citroen and only in packs of five for some reason but mail order suited me at the time.
1990 BX TZD Estate ('the grey one', 1991 BX TZD Estate ('the white one'), 1982 2CV6 Charleston (in bits), 1972 AZU Serie B (2CV van), 1974 HY72 Camper, 1990 Land Rover 110 diesel LWB, 1957 Mobylette AV76, 1992 Ducati 400SS, 1966 VW Beetle, 1990 Mazda MX-5, 1996 Peugeot 106D, 1974 JCB 2D MkII, 1997 BMW R1100RS, 1987 Suzuki GSX-R1100, 1978 Honda CX500A, 1965 Motobecane Cady, 1988 Honda Bros/Africa Twin, 1963 Massey Ferguson 825, and a lot of bicycles!
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

It would appear that Guy Perry have no longer stock of this part as my order was refunded. That leaves Citroen locally, which I cannot access with a dead car, or AEP, who have a rather expensive mail out handling charge which puts the total cost of the part nearly double that of one across the counter. :(

I fear this is a patch to solve a problem anyway, and that being so, maybe it is simpler to change the strut for one that alleges to be in better condition i.e. not pissing fluid everywhere. At some future date it then might be worth gathering all the parts together to service a set of parts and swap them over. That requires a surplus of struts to be able to do some up without down time. A task I would quite enjoy, but sadly exactly what I was attempting to avoid in the next 6 months or so. My little gremlins attempting to make moving difficult strike again. :twisted:

In tidying up I have resolved the other ongoing issues of water leak using a bit of a original but knackered pipe now with the correct support clip in place guiding the pipe away from the alternator, sphere done as noted previously and other LHM leaks :) . So maybe its nick a strut of the nearest unsuspecting BX when its not looking :shock: . This is very much against my better judgement as you are in effect creating a dead car and extra work for short term gain, not resolving a problem [-X .

The last two days have been lost to the beginnings of this property period of upheaval with preparatory work that had to be done. Also to a meeting about a new home delivery company being set up along the lines of Hermes. Goes back to a previous life of doing courier work back to back with car trading. Sounds interesting and puts AEP £7.00 handling fee very much in the spotlight as excessive. Another meeting with a head honcho of company looking for a contract today. If got then bizz starts up country with active partners :idea: :arrow: 8) . Hopefully later today I can get back onto the case and move Homer towards an MOT. But time feels short :? .
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
KevR
1K Away
My Cars: It's all in my signature

Post by KevR »

In the past when GP haven't had stock they've ordered them in - have you tried emailing Paul (paul.battersby@peugeotmail.co.uk) for clarification? I've got some spares and could bung one in the post if it's any use to you, but obviously post from here would be more than if you could find one locally.
1990 BX TZD Estate ('the grey one', 1991 BX TZD Estate ('the white one'), 1982 2CV6 Charleston (in bits), 1972 AZU Serie B (2CV van), 1974 HY72 Camper, 1990 Land Rover 110 diesel LWB, 1957 Mobylette AV76, 1992 Ducati 400SS, 1966 VW Beetle, 1990 Mazda MX-5, 1996 Peugeot 106D, 1974 JCB 2D MkII, 1997 BMW R1100RS, 1987 Suzuki GSX-R1100, 1978 Honda CX500A, 1965 Motobecane Cady, 1988 Honda Bros/Africa Twin, 1963 Massey Ferguson 825, and a lot of bicycles!
citronut
Over 2k

Post by citronut »

if you call the dealer they will almost certainly post them to you,
or speak to a local garage who could receive them on your behalf, as the dealer usually run a daily delivery van round other garages

regards malcolm
curent ride
K reg BX 17TD TZD est
also own
K reg D special

no longer have
H reg CX saffari 2.5 TRI (now gone to Malaysia)
R reg xantia 1.9TD est (gone to meet its maker)