LHM Leak - no surprise there

BX Tech talk
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Re: LHM Leak - no surprise there

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Of course :) once I get around to doing it... Maybe in time for the NEC?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Pogo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Pogo »

Ordered an Octopus today, just to keep for when I need it.
£59.12, ready on Tuesday.
:D
1990 Black BX GTI
rd27
Confirmed BX'er

Post by rd27 »

Just an update, fitted the new return system the other day, mine was the later style hose with the 3 inputs to the main tube. Fitted with no real drama, although a top tip for fitting one of the hoses on the front height corrector is to warm the end of the pipe up in hot water and use some long nose pliers to slip it over the output on the HC. I found this out after swearing at for an hour whilst trying to push it on by hand as it's in a really awkward place if you don't remove the o/s driveshaft.
2006 Skoda Fabia vRS
2003 Skoda Octavia Combi vRS
1992 Citroen BX19 TXD - The quirky one
2006 Citroen C6 2.7 HDi Exclusive [Lounge Pack]
1972 MG Midget - The project that never seems to get off the ground
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

Last summer I had a return pipe quick repaired but it is leaking again. I don't know exactly which one but it is near the front driver side.
The octopus on my car has been changed in late 2008, so I hope it is not any of these.
I have the garage booked for this Wednesday, would it be wise to order part 96119048 or part 96056235.
Does anyone know a good source or website ?
I have tried Gsf and eurocarparts but no luck, now I may still be trying AEP
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

I am just about to order all the 3 of them Part nos 96056235, 96119048 and 96030258
I already got confirmation of the first 2 being available but just to be on the save side I will also order the octopus, even though mine has been replaced in 2008.
former BX 16 TGS Meteor Auto owner. No space or time to do own repairs. My BX is now owned by another member of this forum.
lee3

Post by lee3 »

Hi where did you order these from Citroen main stealer?
Thanks
Lee
I had better continue the run on these! Lol :lol:
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

The ID number on the inside passenger door A pillar denotes which operational return you have. The Octopus is the same for all models. If I remember right it is before and after 5147 No which is the two pipe to three pipe change over. I have not checked the parts PDF file but that does denote it as does a post by Jaba earlier on this forum. You could search for that ot check through the parts PDF.

Don'y hole me to that number, I just have it in my memory at the moment, please check the parts or posts!.
Mark.T
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Mark.T »

Just saw this post and was logged into Service Citroen so had a quick check... The changeover to 3 connecting pipes seems to have been from RP 5167 to 5168. As far as I can see the revision is using two pipes to do the job previously done by one, connecting to the flow distributor and the safety valve. Can post screenshots if needed
Mark T.
Melbourne, Australia
BX16 TRS Auto (Series 1)
BX19 TRS (Series 2)
C3 Pluriel
cacaolat
BXpert

Post by cacaolat »

Yes I ordered from the Citroen main dealer