Alternative Fuels (split thread)

BX Tech talk
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: Alternative Fuels (split thread)

Post by Thread Bear »

That would be it. Nice engine oil in the pumpy bits and not so many probs. Good car base too, I could live with one of those.

My use is much as Mulley, no probs and I too like the smell.
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
electrokid
1K Away

Post by electrokid »

The older Merc diesels are legendery for being able to be run on pretty much anything,
The rumour is that if you want to convert the engine to run on old socks you just have to put a label "OLD SOCKS" by the fuel filler :D
1992 BX19 TGD estate 228K Rusty - SORNed
2002 C5 HDi SX estate
Mike E (uk)
1K Away

Post by Mike E (uk) »

Thread bear was wondering where the old range rovers had gone.
They are being exported along with other older 4x4s to countries without high road tax or over strict MOTs.
In Africa and some eastern bloc countries these cars are worth much more.
Stupid UK government taxes them off our roads, but they just get driven around elsewhere on the planet, so net pollution is the same.
Folk in the UK then have to buy more expensive cars.
la BX 16 soupapes: sachez apprecier avec moderation.

It might be clever now, but it won't be in the morning!
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

Actually, if I thought about it, I would have caught up with that.

Looking for cheap vans, there are non below about £3,500 worth having, as the surplus get exported and the supply is low to start with, due to the contraction of purchasing over time in a poor economic background. In effect you get taxed to improve you business or its competitiveness nowadays. So to invest in business has to see an increase in income to cover the expense. Why I chose not to turn my showroom into a Classic Car dealership but to close down totally. Boy, was that the right choice! Had a far better lifestyle over the eight years not working.
Its becoming a common thing to be unable to buy stuff cheap. The expectation probably is that you will buy new and pay even more tax. Eer, no! I can afford it. However I no longer buy into this State policy violence attempting to force me into a lifestyle that suits them. Not playing. I can also afford to be innovative and try and avoid their nasty little taxes to pay for their ineptitude. Case in point. Stainless sink for the house. New Wickes basic £189. How? Its no more complex than a car panel and more common. Belfast sink out of the reclamation yard, £25 cash. Outcome, VAT man down £38, Tax man down probably a cumulative £51 at least, I have not worked it out. I am happier. Its the tax and increase in money supply that is making stuff to expensive, both State controlled.

So indeed. The entrepreneurial are coming into Britain from outside and looking at our unnatural market place getting ever distorted by State interference. They are targeting nuggets they know they can take back to their home economic model and create a profit, despite if that model is free or manipulated economic market. Thus automatically proving the dominance of a free market over a State distorted one and the ultimate failure of a distorted economic model we are now trying to force to work. Good for them and the rest of us should get rid of these idiots in charge who think they can ban their bankruptcy by rules. The alternative is we simply get poorer in the world market. I am actively not falling for that now, either, by removing myself pretty much from the British tax economy. Maybe the place it invest is where these Range Rovers are going?
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars