BX Tech talk
mds141
Over 2k

Re: Auto won't go into "park"

Post by mds141 »

Good news Jane. :)
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
mds141
Over 2k

Post by mds141 »

Is the RAC membership and phone insurance part of a so called 'premium' bank account Jane?

HBOS tried to 'sell' me one of these accounts. You pay them £12 a month and in return you receive car breakdown, mobile phone insurance, etc.

They were very enthusiastic, until I explained to them that mobile phone insurance is included on building/contents insurance and I could renew my AA membership far cheaper than their monthly fee.
Mark Smith

Is it just me or is everything shit?

1989 BX GTi 16 valve. Blanc Alpine. Completed the Citroen Classic Challenge Ecosse and 1337 miles without a hitch.
2000 XM VSX 2.1 td Auto. Rouge Magenta.
TGD saloon many years ago.

1990 Swift 'Corniche' 12/2 aka BXClub HQ.
Honda Firestorm. Gone, but not forgotten.
2015 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

merlyn wrote:I get RAC through my bank along with my mobile phone insurance.
Up till now I have found them to be very knowledgeable and one or two have been quite enthusiastic about my BX.
Anyway, I took it to the garage this morning and it is now working again. The cable was pretty well seized up but they've lubricated it very enthusiastically and it now is much better than its been for a long time. I do need a new cable at some point but at least it's sorted for now.

Awesome! :D
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

merlyn wrote: Anyway, I took it to the garage this morning and it is now working again. The cable was pretty well seized up but they've lubricated it very enthusiastically and it now is much better than its been for a long time. I do need a new cable at some point but at least it's sorted for now.
It does sound as if the problem is in that area I suggested in my earlier post (looking down alongside the battery), the cable becomes a rod to actuate the autobox and if that shaft becomes a bit cruddy then operation will be stiff. I believe I remember correctly that reverse is when the rod is most retracted, so it makes sense that would be the most difficult.
A good clean of this rod, when fully extended, with steel wool, a residue clean-up and a re-grease may solve the problem completely without need of a new cable.

Glad it's working better in the meantime anyway.
1991 BX19GTi Auto