Insurance

Anything about BXs
Thread Bear
1K Away

Re: Insurance

Post by Thread Bear »

RobC wrote:Age 35, with 11 years NCD and an unblemished licence the cheapest I managed to get was £305 from Lloyds Bank TPFT, 8,000 miles, with my 70 yo dad as a named driver.

The joys of living in E10 without a garage...
Eaton is not in E10. Toffs are into tax dodging at school by using a convenience address? (Your making your own jokes up now, stop it). Something should be done! :lol:
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Thread Bear
1K Away

Post by Thread Bear »

RobC wrote:It knocks £100 off my premium!
Hmm. It begs the question as to what you might have got knocked off for no over '70s, but a garage, instead!
Miguel - 16 TRS Auto S, light blue, 43k miles - £450
Pluto - 14 E S, White, 105k Miles - in work
Egbert - 19 16v Gti, White, A/C & Leather, - Keeper
Walt - 17 TZD Turbo S, graphite, 70k miles, good op extras - Keeper
Scraper- 17 TZD Turbo E, blue, 208k miles - parts
Homer - 19 TXD E, Red, 189k miles - £250
Gary - 17 TZD Turbo E, 118k miles - in work

'87 Trooper, Borgwards, Saabs, MG ZB, Bellamy Trials, Fiat Jolly & Bianchina, Goggo Dart, Messerschmitt, Heinkel, Bubblecars
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

I thought some may enjoy this little tale - for Christmas...

Tried to get Auto (1.6) insured as another vehicle on my policy - No Sir don't do that, but we'll quote a new policy. So go through rigmarole etc etc and quote comes in at £730+...... :evil: :wink: :lol: aah well Sir, you can't have your No Claims on more than one car,. Thanks, I think I'll leave that one, as I have had cheaper quotes for an 18 year old on a provisional license to drive it as main driver and as his car!...... :wink:
Maybe my two claims - both write offs and both 100% the other drivers fault (last in '09) have had some bearing but it should not.

So far after a few quotes we are down to 180 or so, there must be a better way to transfer/multi vehicle insure these things. Still more than I'm paying for my current manual and including business use, higher mileage etc, etc. What an inane system, how can you drive two cars at once? etc etc
hilarystone
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX 16V, BX Van 16V, Visa GTI, CX Ambulance Turbo diesel, Xsara VTS Phase 1 and 2, Lotus Elan 1970, Clan Crusader, C8 2l petrol, 1982 GSA Pallas, 1974 GS Birotor

Post by hilarystone »

I insure mine through Footman James on a classic policy that allows up to five or six cars for less than £200 – I think you do need one modern car insured sportily with this policy…
Hilary Stone

http://www.Hilarystone.com
Period bikes, frames and parts

1985 Citroen CX Ambulance, 1989 Citroen BX 16V, 1987 Citroen Visa GTI, 2008 Citroen C8 2l petrol, Citroen BX Van 16V, Clan Crusader, 1970 Lotus Elan, Citroen Xsaras VTS phase1 and Phase 2, Citroen GSA, GS Birotor
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

There are a number of insurance companies that offer multi-car policies, Admiral and Aviva come to mind but likely there are others you can find that offer even better deal.

(Btw OP Threadbear & multi BX owner, we haven't seen you posting for some time - Merry Xmas to you if you are reading this. Image )
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

The BX, IS my modern..... :wink: well it does 8-12k pa usually. I got Footman James to give me the 180 quote with 5k limit mileage, The Co-op, was around 220 'ish. FWIW the Athena is insured through the RAC with Sabre and it was the RAC whose 'best' quote was 730+ (Aviva)... they will be hiking long before unless they include all my insurances together, both cars, house, boat (obligatory £3m 3rd party to race) etc etc.

May be just the time of year, I'll have another go in the New Year. Thanks for your comments, Happy Christmas and New Year to all.
Dalhousie2008
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Dalhousie2008 »

I get cheap insurance through footman James, I have a couple of turbo'd Volvo's and the bx on the policy £200 for the year