By way of an update:deltic wrote:Three problems are afflicting my BX at the moment and if anyone has any advice I'd be grateful:
1. Seems to be running a bit hot - whilst the car is moving the temperature gauge remains pretty much the same at 90C but when stationary soon goes up to 100C or slightly hotter. Fan is working OK, problem with thermostat?
2. Fast ticking of accumulator. Replaced accumulator about two years ago, but only made a little difference. I've another new accumulator, so try that and see what happens?
3. This is a new one and started on a very hot day. Changing up from 3rd to 4th (auto box) the engine suddenly revs up, almost if it is slipping. All other operations of the gearbox are smooth. Double check gearbox level and change fluid? Must admit I haven't driven the car since so need to test it again to see if the problem is still there.
1. Seems to be running cooler now with a flushed radiator and new coolant. It did cross my mind but could changing from a plastic to a metal bonnet make a difference?
2. Previous accumulator must have been a dud and I should have done something about it sooner. Poor marks to the garage that fitted it too...
3. Kick down cable had broken. As garage couldn't source a replacement they had to make up one with parts from a bike shop. This leads to the inevitable question does anyone have or know where to source a new cable from please?
As part of a lot of work done to the car I had the rear brakes/disks/bearings replaced. All was well but then the ABS light wouldn't go out. Great that's all I need I've spent more than the car is worth on parts/repairs and now it's an MOT failure... Then took the car out again with my mother in law in the back and all was well again, so let's hope that's the last of it.