BX TD with 1.9 engine.

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I always regret sending many BXs to the scrapper with the rear suspensions intact, my mate usually takes them as a suspended tow, I could do with haveing a spare ram etc, Ill bet that car only needs a pushrod refitting to get UP. I had a similar situation on one of mine, the car had been a daily driver without any incidents, then one day I jacked up the rear and a Whoosh of LHM shot everywhere, ther was about an inch of the pushrod missing! I popped another one in, pushing the piston back and away it went.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Assuming the petrol car is still at the unit I may have one Stewart and if so it`s yours.
Still haven`t had a chance to check the estate for the splashguard you wanted sorry, but will check asap.
Vauxhall apologist.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

I have sent the seller the following message. Just realised I should add my mobile number on so ill send a seperate message witht that on.

"Hello. I am a BX owner and enthusiast myself, and I live in Malvern. I know the highest bidder, but he lives a fair distance away and would like me to view the car for him. Im sure it will be fine and he's not too worried about the problem. He is currently the high bidder on the car as i write this message. In the unlikely event you get this message in the next hour or so, I can pop over anytime before 6, or if not then about 5.30 onwards tomorrow (Sunday)."
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Adam, much appreciated.
Vauxhall apologist.
adamskibx
BXpert

Post by adamskibx »

I have PM'd you Cavmad. Today (Sunday) wasnt convenient apparently, so I sent him a message saying I could view it tomorrow between 4 and 6 or tuesday, but having re read the ad Tuesday would be too late, so fingers crossed he'll be free tomorrow when im off work between 4 and 6.He also stated its worth a lot more than £10; so I wished him good luck and stated that you have probably bidded more than that, and that ebay will just start at that until people start competing etc.
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

adamskibx wrote:He also stated its worth a lot more than £10;
That should keep him happy then :lol:
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

More than ten quid :?: :shock: Sheesh, has it got 3 years free insurance with it? :lol:

Replied to your pm thanks Adam, don`t bust a gut trying to get there if it`s inconvenient I`ll take his listing as read and hope for the best in the bidding. I have a feeling it`ll go quite silly so I`ll bid my maximum price somewhere near the end of listing.
Vauxhall apologist.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

ken newbold wrote:
adamskibx wrote:He also stated its worth a lot more than £10;
That should keep him happy then :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you`re costing me a fortune. You`ve just upped the ante to my bid plus ten pence short of another 1.6 hatchback :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

:D :D :D :D
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hmm, he`s answered a question on his listing which sounds distinctly like a mate of his has asked it. Also it now appears he may try and get the fuel out of the car and has changed the wheels. Time to ask a question methinks as this could get out of hand and despite what he says the fuel at least was mentioned in the advert.

Q: Hello Jon, How recent is the photo please, she looks in very good nick ! How's the tyres and wheels ? Is the other side of the car as good ? Any rust ? I'll need to rent a trailer if I'm the winner. Would be interested to see how well she runs. Thought about putting a 1.9 td lump in mine but that's as far as I've got. Could certainly use the doors too. I'm happy to play by the rules of the auction and hope you get a fair price for what looks like a great motor. PS how did you get £50 worth of diesel in it ? If I did that with mine it would double in value !!! Keeping an eye out...Doug.
09-Apr-06
A: Doug, Thanks for your email. She's in pretty good nick really. She has a little rust visible as you open the rear doors, however most cars of this age do. I think that this is partly due to the fact that she has been stood for a little while - no perforations though! On the inner wing (driver's side) - I had this area repaired in May last year as rust started to show in the engine bay, however a local car restorer sorted this out for me. I'll make sure the battery is fully charged, she runs sweetly. Regarding the £50.00 worth of diesel - I think I had in mind what my current car takes, she had a full tank just before she came off the road! I might reclaim this, as it's not really part of the advert - however I probably will not have the time to do it so the chance are she'll come as she is. The tyres, well I've just sold the 16V alloy shoes she wore normally, those detailed are the ones she wore before, they're in pretty good nick, however I think that two tyres are either borderline or just past it. I have looked after her, servicing every six thousand miles, I've waxoyled her, renewed her tail pipe and middle pipe in the last 36mths. She wears mudguards, has a towbar (which has towed nothing more than a small camping trailer or sailing dingy). Kind regards Jon

It`s another old eBay trick: get a mate to ask a leading question then wax lyrical about the car.

Let`s see what happens around 10.00pm tonight..........
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Watching with baited breath, of course the guy might be reading this too :)
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hope so because if he is then the outcome of his next e-mail to me will determine not only whether I bid again but also whether I remove my previous bid altogether.
It`s either `as listed` and `as described` in the answers to his questions or it`s not.
I`m not 100% happy at the moment and it`s already made me decide to lower my final bid should it come to that.
I live on quite a busy route into town and I`ve already seen more BX`s than buses today :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

I would have thought removing the alloy wheels makes a material difference to the description, they are shown in the photo, I feel a little sorry for the chap watching his car go for the price of an indian takeaway but thats what reserves are for in auctions, if the fix is so easy (which it is) why not fix it test it and then sell it as a going concern? cars with faults and no T/T are virtually worthless.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Apparantly the wheels on the picture go with the car, it`s some more he`s already removed that are not included. I wonder why he mentioned them at all if this was the case?
His last e-mail said he would `probably` sell the car with a full tank of fuel. Trouble with `probably` is he will `probably` see his arse if it doesn`t fetch much money and will `probably` remove the fuel.
The other thing is is if he`s prepared to mess about getting the fuel out of it and has already taken off the good wheels then what else is he going to remove before the winning bidder collects the car :?:
`Probably` time to reflect whether it`s worth bidding again perhaps?
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

What's the actual mileage,he seems a bit evasive when asked in Q+A's
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................