BX Air conditioning R134A conversion (all you need to know thread)

BX Tech talk
Jaba
1K Away
1K Away

Re: BX Air conditioning R134A conversion (all you need to know thread)

Post by Jaba » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:23 am

Aaah I get it now. This is normal behaviour with the blower motors on high speed because you are blowing air through the evaporator at a higher rate than the aircon system can cool sufficiently so the compressor will be on permanently to try and provide enough cooling.
You might be getting low on refrigerant as this will reduce the aircon performance. Have you had it recharged recently ?
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.

senmathal
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Citroen BX 16 Valve 89, Citroen C5 HDI 163 -12

Post by senmathal » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:47 am

Maybe it´s my explanation that is odd :) What do you mean sounds odd? What I mean is that the high speed only com on when I short circuit the pressure switch but not when I run the A/C.

/Mats

Jaba
1K Away
1K Away

Post by Jaba » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:23 am

senmathal wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:47 am
Maybe it´s my explanation that is odd :) What do you mean sounds odd? What I mean is that the high speed only com on when I short circuit the pressure switch but not when I run the A/C.

/Mats

Yes, I have got that now.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.

senmathal
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Citroen BX 16 Valve 89, Citroen C5 HDI 163 -12

Post by senmathal » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:26 am

Sorry I did not see your last answer when I did my reply. Yes I have recently have my A/C charged. But it has not been in use fore a couple of year so maybe it´s a leakage somewhere in the system. I think I will take it to the garage and looked at it with ultra violet light. But it´s still very cold air blowing and it´s work properly. Maybe the cooling fan will get in high speed a hot day. As I understand the pressure will rise when the system get hotter. Sadly this summer in Sweden seems to be the coldest summer in many year.

/Mats