HINGES

BX Tech talk
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

This Saab was the 9000 with the high pressure turbo that when you wanted to overtake when in the middle lane doing 70 and there was that annoying guy coming up in the third lane you could still just pull out with your foot down and the speedo rotated rapidly. :D
1991 BX19GTi Auto
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Vanny, no (though I'm intrigued!). it's a 1993 960 Wentworth Estate that I found for my bro-in-law for a fishing trip. He said he'll pass it on once it's done it's bit... A very good find it turns out - all the toys work and it's recently had a new engine, turbo, rad and air con system. In fine condition. All for under £500. Not bad.

It is white though. But hey, :)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
pindimar
BXpert
My Cars: no longer any BXs but do have a Xantia

BX door hinges

Post by pindimar »

Hi Tim and all,

Interestes that the issue of BX door hinges as just come up because the passenegr isde front door top hinge on my BX has just come adrift. I knew there was rust on that spot and didn't do anything about it which was quite silly, I guess. Consequently, almost two years after noticing it the hinge parted company with the door pillar a few days ago.

There is no other rust in the car at all however.

What a pain

Greg (Pindimar)
AlanS
BXpert

Post by AlanS »

Hi Greg,

Not a common problem down our neck of the woods, in fact the only time I ever saw one with it was one day I was in Sydney at 'Father Gooses' place and James, the guy with the Mehari was there with I think it was an imported GTi and Bruce was starting to weld it as I was leaving.
Bruce just got someone to hold the door in its original position and attacked it with a stick welder. Looked a bit ugly.
Having had to get access to this region for other reasons, I suggested a mudguard removal as making the job overall a lot easier by giving access and gives a chance of it not ending up looking daggy.

Alan S
By the time you're old enough to know it all, you can't remember why you were learning.
pindimar
BXpert
My Cars: no longer any BXs but do have a Xantia

not looking daggy

Post by pindimar »

Yes, I think that it needs to be done properly alright.

I'll need to do this quite soon as the door will sag before very long, and the strain it must be putting on the other hinge must be considerable

Greg
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

My 16v has a few rust issues. one inner wings been welded, and both rear arches inside the dorr shut are getting frilly! Will get the boot carpet out soon and take a look, loking at some of the history the subframes been welded a few times! :shock: