DKK

Anything about BXs
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: DKK

Post by Jaba »

panky wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:06 pm I should be outside playing with the GT but a slice of roast beef on Christmas day has kicked of nasty bout of gout
No need to suffer as gout is very easily prevented these days. You have to take a dose of Allopurinol every day and you will never suffer again. There are no side effects of the medication so if you want to increase your available BX fettling time then go and see your GP.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.
'88 BX GTi (a long time ago)

Post by panky »

I've had it for years on and off, the last time was last Christmas for the same reason :roll: I know what my triggers are and just avoid them - usually.
Thanks for the info though, if it persists I'll have a word with my doc.
Image Image Image
Dave_16v
BXpert
My Cars: BX 16 Valve Ph 2 Current
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past
ZX Volcane keeping others going

Post by Dave_16v »

I have seen it in the past, I always remember the phrase weldathon. Made me realise how some BX's get into a shocking state and will never come back like that one. It's probably best off the road just now with all the storms, you never know what misfortune could occur.

I bet you love posting now you own it. ☺️
Last edited by Dave_16v on Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!

panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.

Post by panky »

Is it that obvious :D
Image Image Image
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Blimey, didnt realise Kitch has sold that too!
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

Ii was a big and difficult decision for him but I know he realises both DKK and VEP will be well looked giving him time and space to concentrate his many other projects. Who knows one day he may eventually have a running SM :wink:
Image Image Image
Dave_16v
BXpert
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past

Post by Dave_16v »

panky wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:30 pm Ii was a big and difficult decision for him
I think many will have a good understanding of that, there are different reasons but I think eventually on preponderance of all the facts for and against, one eventually makes the right decision but the heart can rule for a long time. Knowing where it's going and to someone who has a genuine ongoing interest rather than to satisfy an itch will have helped perhaps?

Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

I'm glad both the mk1s I had have ended up in good hands. I wanted to keep VEP until the end of the 40th anniversary 'season', and DKK was owned by my dad. He just didn't use it anymore (I don't think he's really into old cars) and thought it was sad to have it sat around in the garage while other classics were out and about enjoying the sun. It never got used enough to iron out the kinks and get it perfect, but I enjoyed some fantastic drives in it, including FOTU where I've never driven a BX that turned as many heads out on the road (which made me want to sink into a hole in the floor).

I'll miss it, but I have so many other cars to attend to, it was all getting too much. The most important thing is that DKK and VEP are with people who get excited when they see them, and I believe that's the case. Now I can concentrate on BAH, which I've had longer than this forum has existed!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
panky
BXpert

Post by panky »

VEP, DKK and BAH the Three Amigos 8)
Image Image Image
Dave_16v
BXpert
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past

Post by Dave_16v »

Kitch wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:01 pm which I've had longer than this forum has existed!
I wonder how many are in that club 😂 ☺️

Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Dave_16v wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:24 pm
Kitch wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:01 pm which I've had longer than this forum has existed!
I wonder how many are in that club 😂 ☺️
Thats easy - anyone who bought their BX before 2005. Not that many I would guess. There were two similar forums before this one but both faded away for reasons I have long forgotten. Nowadays most BXers are now using FB.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
deltic
BXpert

Post by deltic »

Bought my first one 22 years ago…
1991 BX GTi auto, grey, 137,000 miles (2015, 2017 & 2019 Citroen Classic Challenge veteran)
1991 BX GTi auto, grey, 92,000 miles (2022 Citroen Classic Challenge veteran)
2006 C4 VTR+ 2.0 Coupé, silver, 78,000 miles (RIP)
2016 Volvo V40 T2 R-Design Pro, blue, 24,000 miles
Dave_16v
BXpert
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past

Post by Dave_16v »

The Valver has been with me 30 years.

Jugostran
BXpert
My Cars: 1989 Cimos-Citroën BX 16 TRS
2007 BMW 318D (the "company car")

Post by Jugostran »

Dave_16v wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:40 am The Valver has been with me 30 years.
That is mighty impressive. I envy your dedication to the BX :P
The Cimos (lovingly nicknamed Citrus) has been with me since April 2021. I have pretty much decided that I'm never selling it. However, considering the time it has spent with me, I really wish it was in better mechanical condition. Lots of things aren't working as intended on it.
Proudly daily driving a 1989 BX 16 TRS since 2021

Dave_16v
BXpert
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past

Post by Dave_16v »

Jugostran wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:35 pm

That is mighty impressive. I envy your dedication to the BX :P
Dedication, not sure that's the word but I'll take it 😂.
It wasn't my first, I had a few including a white ph1 16v and 2 Gti's in a short time but I had to have a black ph 2 and it's still my favourite of all the ones I had. Ironically, it's hardly done anything since I took it off the road for a Volcane around 2000 ish so it's still original. I was all set for using it a few years back, had it taxed and MOT'd a few times and found I just didn't get to drive it. . A bit like many BX owners who have said the same, life and other interests get in the way and and as you say, things don't always go as intended only it's definitely not the car that stops me. On the few drives I have had, I am reminded how good it is. I love owning it and seeing it, like a Penny Black but a car with memories attached, I don't think everything has to be driven to be enjoyed myself. It gets lots of praise but I have looked after it, I don't like having things that don't work. I often wonder what to do with it but move on to something else fast 😂.

Funny how a thread called DKK can go off track but it probably makes owners think about their cars when new blood arrives @panky. 🙂