Additional wires and hoses through firewall

BX Tech talk
assembled
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX TZD Turbo
1989 Citroen BX GTi 4x4

Additional wires and hoses through firewall

Post by assembled »

Hi, those of you who have routed extra stuff from engine compartment into the passenger compartment, where did you poke the firewall? My car is a left-hand-drive turbo diesel, if that makes a difference. So it is rather crowded in there. I would like to add boost gauge, but later I will want to route some additional wiring there, might as well make a cut in the correct place. I have checked firewall cover for any obvious spare holes and looked around from the inside as well, but nothing obvious comes to mind. I would appreciate some advice, if any. Thanks!
1992 TZD Turbo berline, aircon, ABS
1991 TZD Turbo berline
1989 GTi 4x4 berline, ABS
panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.
'88 BX GTi (a long time ago)

Re: Additional wires and hoses through firewall

Post by panky »

I fitted a coolant temperature gauge. Working from inside the car I poked the wire through the grommet where the main loom goes through the bulkhead, down in the left hand side footwell. I used a stiff length of wire with the temperature gauge wires secured to it with tape, pierced the grommet and pulled the wire through. Not as easy as it sounds and I had to cut the connector off and reconnect it once the wire was through.
Image Image Image Image
assembled
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX TZD Turbo
1989 Citroen BX GTi 4x4

Post by assembled »

Thanks. I wonder if there are any holes that I could reuse. IIRC abs has it’s own cable, that goes somewhere.
1992 TZD Turbo berline, aircon, ABS
1991 TZD Turbo berline
1989 GTi 4x4 berline, ABS
panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.
'88 BX GTi (a long time ago)

Post by panky »

No ABS on my GT so can't comment on that. There may be other hidden behind the sound insulation.
Image Image Image Image