BX 19TGD for sale

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

BUMP
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Please someone buy her she is a lovely car and very reliable. :cry:
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Best of luck selling this car Aaron. I doubt you will sell it here though. I'd try the Freeads Site if I were you, it's free, you can list photos and state your price, No auction, no risk.

If I hear tell of anyone for it, I have your email and I'll let you know.

But TBH as I've already said elsewhere, it hasn't got much going for it.
It is totally reliable, very economical, excellent condition, in fact the only thing going for it is it's alloy wheels and the wind deflector. Oh by the way is it black.

Good luck and goodbye.

Ken.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Aaron, i gave a CCC member your phone number 2 nights ago, did they call you?
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ken I dont know whats up with you mate but theres no need to be offhand on here, noone can be forced to buy a car on here, I have struggled with mine in the past myself but I dont expect a club member to buy it from me.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Well i am not going to make comment on the above posts but i will stick it in the free papers and take my chances and if that dont work then i dont know :oops: :oops: :oops: 8-[
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

It's a good 'un - you should have no problem, mate.

(PM 2 U)
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Stinkwheel
1K Away

Post by Stinkwheel »

If i may be so bold..............

The problem here is that most people viewing the 'for sale' post already has a BX (or 2 or 3)

Some of us would like one again but dont have the funds, space or understanding spouses.

I feel that people get desperate to sell because most of the cars on here are well sorted useable examples and command a higher price than horrid e-bay examples, but we all want a bargain because we all know the BX is a bargain. Cant have it both ways.

This is no reflection on anything posted above but just a self perpetuating problem as i see it.
Doctor Of Gonzo Journalism!!!
93 BX TZD Estate
90 BX 14TE St Tropez
93 BX 19 TXD Estate
92 BX 16TXi
77 Ami 8 Break
79 Acadiane
81 Dyane6
84 2CV6
85 GSA saloon rally car
To slightly mis-quote Kitch ... "BX 14. They're just brilliant!"
M

Post by M »

The other obvious outlets are via the CCC magazine (you can place an advert on line) and the Yahoo forum.
I suppose fleebay is an option - but stick a reserve on it - or starting bid near what you want for it. Take a lot of time placing a well worded and detailed advert / listing with many photos (use photobucket or similar).

Be honest and link into the engine transplant page on the site too.

I managed to flog my ZX within 4 hours on fleebay this way. A very comprehensive listing with lots of photos - and a mobile number that could be used if someone wanted to phone me to view it.

Good luck.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I`d go along with everything Marty has said. Pictures and honesty are everything, not that I`d for one minute imply you`d be anything except honest Aaron!
The only thing I`d personally (note the word `personally` please!) not do is to include a telephone number on the listing as you`re bound to get host of idiots/timewaster/nuisances calling from hidden numbers and texting you at all kinds of stupid hours asking you the reserve. One bloke got uspet that I didn`t include my number on a listing and when he asked me why I hadn`t I told him if I wanted people to phone me up at silly o`clock asking daft questions then I`d put my car in a paper or magazine.
That`s one of the reasons I like eBay: you can answer questions through e-mail as/when it suits and you don`t usually get hoardes of idiots not turning up.
Like I say that`s just my personal point of view and, of course, listing your telephone number is probably ideal for some people.
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

I would go with that Billy, the one I listed was a PAYG number that had long since run out of calling credit, but still recieved calls - it (the number not the phone) was binned after the auction.
You can always switch it (the phone) off :twisted:
Obviously, not everyone will have a spare old phone and number to use, so its a personal choice there.

Is it me or is my typing getting worse?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Reminds me of a trick a bloke at the auction told me to try. Have about 4 or 5 mobiles and as many sim cards as you can get. One number for each car advertised so if anyone tried the `have you still got the car for sale?` call to try and flush out traders then he knew immediately what car it was. I`m led to believe that in his prime he was binning 3 or 4 sim cards a week :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

Not surprised, Sims are so cheap (or free) these days. It makes you wonder when they will run out of phone numbers.... I have 4 handsets, the wife has one and James has one. One is my main number, one for the weekend only (as I get free weekend landline calls on it for life and no line rental - I bet Celnet regret that offer back in 1999 :twisted: ) and the other two are stuffed in the glovebox of the cars as invariably at some point I go out without my phone and need to call home. They are all ex contract handsets (every 12 months Celnet were falling over themselves to give me a new phone) with freebie PAYG sim cards. O2 regulaly have a freebie giveaway session of sim cards.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

It`s getting even better now with companies falling over themselves to offer free texts and calls to PAYG customers. I think my lad is getting 500 texts a month now as long as he puts a tenner a month credit in.
I`m down to two `phones now. One for social/work purposes and one for selling stuff and auctions.
Vauxhall apologist.
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

Hi Aaron, I hate the selling a half decent car part of it, a couple of years ago I was trying to get rid of SWMBOs BX, new tyres, brakes, clutch, octopus, headgasket, rack, beautiful driver and runner, getting a bit scabby on the body but very wholesome and I just could not move it, in the end I gave it to my local scrapper :oops: good luck
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft