Northern meet in September?

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers Marty, hope he`s feeling better now. I still remember my lad calling for Huey in a Sierra I once owned. Don`t wish to put you off but I never got rid of the smell!

BB`s pork pies were an absolute treat and also someone very kindly bought me a mustard flavoured pork pie which was delicious.
Once again thanks to all who attended, brilliant day out :D
Vauxhall apologist.
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Wish I could have gone, but I dont have a car worth showing and had alot on.
Next year...?
Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

My TZD is nowhere near show standard but for my money it was about meeting up with the gang and having a laugh. Well worth it, though I had one of the easiest journeys!
Oh, mustn`t forget the auto jumble stands and traders, bagged myself a right bargain. Two good quality 24V chrome lights for the truck. Proper job with blue tinted lenses and side lights as well as normal headlamp bulbs, lovely bit of kit-£40 the pair. Will be fitted to the roof as soon as time allows, wish I`d took his number as I`ll be wanting two more when I get paid next.
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Great to meet you all,had a good BX day.
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Many thanks for organising it Cavmad
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Adam
BXpert

Post by Adam »

Hey chaps, great to meet you all...at last!!! :D
We got back at 20:00, Oscar drove the full leg home, what a guy!!!! We got stuck on the M1, took an hour to do 3 miles!!!! :shock:

It was a great day, thanks Billy for organising it and to Dean for the pies and beer.

I'll be back full time BX-ing in a month or so, look forward to the next one, I hear rumours of Stratford in a few weeks. :D :D

Thanks again chaps!!!!
Previously Owned
1988 19DTR
1991 17TZD
1987 19GTI (Dads)
1992 17DTR (Mums)
Currently
1991 19TGD
1991 TZD Turbo (Breaking)
"Graculus" 1990 TGD Turbo (Restoring)
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Pleasure lads, thanks for coming. Just been speaking to Vanny and this Stratford thing sounds like fun. If I`ve nothing on (and have a roadworthy BX) I quite fancy that.
Vauxhall apologist.
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

Stratford should be well worth it. How about we all aim to meet up on the Sunday? I'll organise some beer (from Ringwood Brewery); any chance of a repeat of the pork pies Dean? (gutted to have missed them!)

When I've been to Stratford before, the traders have been known to sell box-fulls of bits for silly money (e.g. £5!!!) late Sunday afternoon rather than take them back. (This isn't a guarantee...!)
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

I've heard that rumour too! Cant wait!

No chance of me drinking on the Sunday though, will be recoving from the Friday hangover in order to drive home. But pork pies must be a must please dean :D Proper ones, none of this sayers crap ;)
MULLEY
Over 2k
My Cars: 1999 Xsara LX 2.0HDI (90) Hatch - Fern
2002 C5 2.0 HDI (110) Estate - Jasmine - SORN
2011 Mini Cooper D Clubman - SOLD
2016 Mercedes A180D Sport - Auto refinement
1992 TZD Turbo - Bluebell - SORN
1992 TZD Turbo Estate - SORN
1991 Gti 16V - Blaze - crash damaged, will get repaired - SORN
1990 Gti 8Valve SOLD - looks like it's been scrapped
2002 Mini Cooper S - SOLD - i miss this car
1992 TXD - Scrapped in March 2014
1988 CX 25 GTI Turbo2 - SORN
1996 - AX Memphis 1.5D - Dream - SORN

Post by MULLEY »

Great to put faces to names, weather almost held out just as i bought me & wifey an icecream it started to lash it down.

Lots of BX chatter, great cars, felt outnumbered as it was diesel city & i was the only petrol but heyho they all work & breakdown the same.

Cheers to Barnsley Bxer who brought luverly pork pies & topped it off in style with a stella, marvellous. Thanks to Cavmad for organising tickets etc... hope you enjoyed the ride from entrance to our fleet. All we need now are some huge signs, flags & fancy gold rope to mark off future fleet meets & we can rival the jag boys at Cholmondeley......

Got my number plate light courtesy of Barnsley Bxer, nice one & i didnt break it when i fitted it either, bonus....

I was impressed with lads from Kent, what a trip, especially your M1 debacle on the way home...

Well impressed with the 2 diesel conversion engine cars, does anyone have a turbo petrol lurking about?

Now why doesnt the CCC do anything but do their own meets?

Very impressed with Oily's knowledge of all things mechanical, dont fancy doing any jobs on my car, porkpies & stella for payment??? The hat has to be mentioned, now if i wore it i would look like a right plonker, but on oily looked spot on. If you were thinking that other motorists were looking at your car, wrong, it was the hat while u were driving, they were jealous...

Nice to meet Gareth who kindly donated ham sarnies to all.

Cavmad, you did forget to mention our other furry guest who loves travelling in the back of GTi's.... Poppy who seemed a bit of a hit with the youngsters.... i will include myself in that one....

p.s. wifey refused, stella, porkpies & ham sarnies, not because she is rude, she is veggie, the stella because she was v-sick a last week cos of a girly nite out...

Right thats enough typing, hope to see some more of you at the next meet i go to.. bye for now...
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Baldbazza wrote:Stratford should be well worth it. How about we all aim to meet up on the Sunday? I'll organise some beer (from Ringwood Brewery); any chance of a repeat of the pork pies Dean? (gutted to have missed them!)

When I've been to Stratford before, the traders have been known to sell box-fulls of bits for silly money (e.g. £5!!!) late Sunday afternoon rather than take them back. (This isn't a guarantee...!)
Sorry Bazza,I won't be there.There's bugger all for my daughter to do.No Mollie=No Dean .No Dean=No pies.Sorry,but it's just basic maths
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

That's a shame! There is children's play equipment but I don't think that would keep 'em occupied for too long :cry:
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT