Low miles...

Anything about BXs
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

Baldbazza wrote: Thanks Son. Hmm. So can I claim the prize for the highest mileage then, 186,972 ......? :P
Fraid not! My TD has only 64000 on the clock which is genuine........ to that clock! Shes eaten three speedo heads over the years and the total mileage of the car now stands at 413000 miles. That said, there aint much left of the original car!!
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Lol hehe
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

When Ken puts in another appearance,he may be able to confirm that the"buxton bomber" has done more than that :shock:
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I can still beat you all! I also own a 1969 Bristol RELH6G coach (9 tonnes, 36feet long) which has over 2,500,000 miles on it. Still runs the original engine too! even if it is a bit smoky :wink: Something to rebuild when I get round to it :cry:
If you think changing the engine in a bx was hard work consider that the engine alone in the coach is 10.45 litres and weighs more than a whole BX!!!! 8)
Cheers
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Doc, I reckon you`re winning hands down so far! Any chance of a picture or two of the bus?
Vauxhall apologist.
M

Post by M »

docchevron1472 wrote:If you think changing the engine in a bx was hard work consider that the engine alone in the coach is 10.45 litres and weighs more than a whole BX!!!! 8)
So that will need two trolley jacks under it then? :wink:
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

When I can work out how to stick piccies on here I'll fire some photos of my 36footer on here no probs!!! It looks a bit rough at the mo but one day it'll look brill!!

Two trolley jacks?!? Er, not quite. A fork lift and a bl**dy great tri-pod that sits inside the bus with 6 rows of seats removed, engine being horizontally mounted under the floor at the back.

It's great for the ladies too, any interested female type has 45 back seats to choose from!! :wink:
Cheers
Chris G

AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

docchevron1472 wrote:It's great for the ladies too, any interested female type has 45 back seats to choose from!! :wink:
Cheers
Chris G
Who's driving the bus then ?
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Usually parked in a layby!!
There aint many people I let behind the wheel, she owes me several thousand pounds to date, I don't want some incompetent scrote crashing the old girl. It aint like drivinga modern bus, which is easier to drive than a car. She demands respect and it'll bite you in the a*se if you get it wrong!!
Cheers
Chris G

Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Chris's bus.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Hi Iv'e got a picture of Chris's bus on photobucket but I have forgotten what to do to get it here,silly person and I am bu**ered if I can work it out.It's Here.
Photobucket. Geoff5 password nicholls.
Dont worry theres only BX stuff on it. Nothing to offend or anything "Top" secret.
Thanks.
Geoff. (Dad)
Baldbazza
BXpert

showing a photobucket image

Post by Baldbazza »

To get the photo on here you simply copy the Img information that Photobucket shows on their web site below the relevant image and paste it here. In your case it appears to be:

(IMG)http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g127/ ... .jpg(/IMG), making sure you replace all round brackets () with square [].

I remember these coaches well; they were all run by 'Royal Blue' around here and painted dark blue and cream (can't remember whether 'Royal Blue' was national or just down south). They used to congregate in Southampton coach station on their way to London or Bournemouth etc before busses were re-privatised and bus and coach stations sold for building.

PS, I hope you don't also use this username and password for anything important :wink:
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
Geoffrey Gould
BXpert

Bus.

Post by Geoffrey Gould »

Thank you Baldbazza for doing that, the user name/password is unique to photobucket and it's been so long since it was used I had to ask for a reminder. If I had more than 1 brain cell I would be bloody dangerous.
Cheers. Geoff.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

That's GORGEOUS [salivate]

I think there's something wrong with me. Ever since I drove that Austin Champ at the Bromley Pageant I'm desperate to drive something bigger/older/more dangerous.

Help me!
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

stuart_hedges wrote:That's GORGEOUS [salivate]
At the risk of deviating too much from the BX theme, I'd agree. Bristol / Eastern Coachworks did appear to employ stylists for their vehicles during this period rather than producing slab-sided bits of tin like their competitors.

OK, old-fart mode off...
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Stacked headlights? Wraparound indicators? Sculpted grille? It's a Mercedes!

I bet young men were killing each other to drive this bus.